Watir problem

Suresh Kumar

6/15/2007 5:35:00 AM

I am working with WATIR. I can't control the security information pop
up.
when i navigate to the login page of my web page it throws a pop up
message "This page contains both secured and non secured items. Do you
want to display?"
How can i close that pop up alert?????

Any one please help in this front.

suresh

Manish Sapariya

Suresh Kumar wrote:
> I can't control the security information pop
> up.
> when i navigate to the login page of my web page it throws a pop up
> message "This page contains both secured and non secured items. Do you
> want to display?"
> How can i close that pop up alert?????

If you are using watir 1.5 checkout the dialog_test.rb in unit tests
under ruby installation
directory. You will have to find the watir directory, its deep down the
hierarchy.

It has several example to click on dialog which are invoked by
javascript. However same
logic can be used in you script by using click_no_wait method which
invokes the dialog.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Manish

Suresh Kumar

Manish Sapariya wrote:
> Suresh Kumar wrote:
>> I can't control the security information pop
>> up.
>> when i navigate to the login page of my web page it throws a pop up
>> message "This page contains both secured and non secured items. Do you
>> want to display?"
>> How can i close that pop up alert?????
>>
> If you are using watir 1.5 checkout the dialog_test.rb in unit tests
> under ruby installation
> directory. You will have to find the watir directory, its deep down the
> hierarchy.
>
> It has several example to click on dialog which are invoked by
> javascript. However same
> logic can be used in you script by using click_no_wait method which
> invokes the dialog.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Manish

Thanks manish. but i am using WATIR 1.4.1, where can i get WATIR 1.5. do
you know the url?

Regards
suresh

Suresh Kumar

Suresh Kumar wrote:
> Manish Sapariya wrote:
>> Suresh Kumar wrote:
>>> I can't control the security information pop
>>> up.
>>> when i navigate to the login page of my web page it throws a pop up
>>> message "This page contains both secured and non secured items. Do you
>>> want to display?"
>>> How can i close that pop up alert?????
>>>
>> If you are using watir 1.5 checkout the dialog_test.rb in unit tests
>> under ruby installation
>> directory. You will have to find the watir directory, its deep down the
>> hierarchy.
>>
>> It has several example to click on dialog which are invoked by
>> javascript. However same
>> logic can be used in you script by using click_no_wait method which
>> invokes the dialog.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Regards,
>> Manish
>
> Thanks manish. but i am using WATIR 1.4.1, where can i get WATIR 1.5. do
> you know the url?
>
> Regards
> suresh

I have downloaded Watir1.5 from open QA site.when i invoke click_no_wait
method, it opens one empty IE along with main IE instance and it closes
that empty IE on dialog.close.. what i have to do?

/suresh

jfry

On Jun 19, 2:34 am, Suresh Kumar <sureshkumar.peru...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Suresh Kumar wrote:
> > Manish Sapariya wrote:
>
> >> If you are using watir 1.5 checkout the dialog_test.rb in unit tests
> >> under ruby installation
> >> directory. You will have to find the watir directory, its deep down the
> >> hierarchy.
>
> >> It has several example to click on dialog which are invoked by
> >> javascript. However same
> >> logic can be used in you script by using click_no_wait method which
> >> invokes the dialog.
>
> >> Hope this helps.
> >> Regards,
> >> Manish
>
> > Thanks manish. but i am using WATIR 1.4.1, where can i get WATIR 1.5. do
> > you know the url?
>
> > Regards
> > suresh
>
> I have downloaded Watir1.5 from open QA site.when i invoke click_no_wait
> method, it opens one empty IE along with main IE instance and it closes
> that empty IE on dialog.close.. what i have to do?
>
> /suresh

Good luck,
Jeff

http://testingjeff.wor...

Suresh Kumar

jfry wrote:
>> that empty IE on dialog.close.. what i have to do?
>>
>> /suresh
>>
>> --
>
> Good luck,
> Jeff
>
> http://testingjeff.wor...

hi jeff,
this is my simple code for navigating my page into Sign In page, when my
Sign in page gets loaded , it shows the security information alert which
i need to close manually..

require 'watir' include Watir
require 'test/unit'
$ie = IE.new