Subject: [ANN] textpow 0.9.1 Released

Dizan Vasquez

6/14/2007 9:31:00 AM

textpow version 0.9.1 has been released!

* <http://textpow.rubyfor...

A library for parsing TextMate[http://macro...] bundles.

Changes:

## 0.9.1 / 2007-06-14
* FIX: Score manager now handles multiple subtractions in scope
definitions.

* <http://textpow.rubyfor...

3 Answers

Daniel Lucraft

Dizan Vasquez wrote:
> textpow version 0.9.1 has been released!
>
> * <http://textpow.rubyfor...
>
> A library for parsing TextMate[http://macro...] bundles.
>
> Changes:
>
> ## 0.9.1 / 2007-06-14
> * FIX: Score manager now handles multiple subtractions in scope
> definitions.
>
> * <http://textpow.rubyfor...

Hmmmm, can you explain how multiple subtractions in scopes work?

I assume you're talking about something like:
source.ruby - string - text.html.basic

Two questions:
(1) have you seen this come up in practice, and where?
(2) How are you interpreting this? As
source.ruby - (string - text.html.basic)
or
(source.ruby - string) - text.html.basic
or as something else entirely?

best
Dan

Dizan Vasquez

> Two questions:
> (1) have you seen this come up in practice, and where?

Well, I've found them while debugging the Brilliance themes in
ultraviolet, they include many uses of this.

> (2) How are you interpreting this? As
> source.ruby - (string - text.html.basic)
> or
> (source.ruby - string) - text.html.basic
> or as something else entirely?

As

(source.ruby - string) - text.html.basic

To be more precise: if any individual scope which is preceded by a
minus sign matches, then the score for the whole expression is zero
regardless of the non-minus matches.

Cheers,

Dizan

Daniel Lucraft

Dizan Vasquez wrote:

> Well, I've found them while debugging the Brilliance themes in
> ultraviolet, they include many uses of this.

Yes, I see them now. OK thanks for the tip.

> To be more precise: if any individual scope which is preceded by a
> minus sign matches, then the score for the whole expression is zero
> regardless of the non-minus matches.

Seems reasonable.

many thanks,
Dan