rubyscript2exe on OS X

Kevin Walzer

6/14/2007 1:40:00 AM

Anyone using rubsyscript2exe on Mac OS X to generate standard Mac
application bundles, or at the very least a standalone archive that can
be deployed in an application bundle?

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin

Arie Kusuma Atmaja

try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.or...

--
Arie || ariekeren, YM!=riyari3, http://ariekusumaatmaja.wor...
"Never sayRTFM.Turn the trolls into committers",AudreyTang,conisli-ofun

Kevin Walzer

Arie Kusuma Atmaja wrote:
> Kevin Walzer wrote:
>> Anyone using rubsyscript2exe on Mac OS X to generate standard Mac
>> application bundles, or at the very least a standalone archive that
>> can be deployed in an application bundle?
>
> try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.or...

Any examples of Ruby-Tk applications that are deployed in this fashion?

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin

Giles Bowkett

> > try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.or...
> >
> Any examples of Ruby-Tk applications that are deployed in this fashion?

From what I've heard, you may get better results with RubyCocoa:

http://www.ruby...

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...

John Joyce

On Jun 14, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Giles Bowkett wrote:

>> > try use platypus http://sveinbjorn.or...
>> >
>> Any examples of Ruby-Tk applications that are deployed in this
>> fashion?
>
> From what I've heard, you may get better results with RubyCocoa:

Depends what you want to do.
Platypus is for pretty much just skinning a script with a GUI, but
RubyCocoa is an actual bridge that allows you to write code that
accesses the Cocoa framework directly using Ruby rather than
Objective-C.
RubyCocoa will require a lot more knowledge of Cocoa and even
Objective-C than would Platypus.

Giles Bowkett

> >> Any examples of Ruby-Tk applications that are deployed in this
> >> fashion?
> >
> > From what I've heard, you may get better results with RubyCocoa:
> >
> Depends what you want to do.
> Platypus is for pretty much just skinning a script with a GUI, but
> RubyCocoa is an actual bridge that allows you to write code that
> accesses the Cocoa framework directly using Ruby rather than
> Objective-C.
> RubyCocoa will require a lot more knowledge of Cocoa and even
> Objective-C than would Platypus.

My bad. Platypus looks cool.

--
Giles Bowkett