[ANN] rabal 0.0.1 Released

Jeremy Hinegardner

6/12/2007 8:36:00 AM

rabal version 0.0.1 has been released.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....

Rabal is the Ruby Architecture for Building Applications and Libraries.
Taking ideas from Haskell's Cabal, Hoe and Rubyforge projects, rabal
is a generalised project generation tool for initial creation of the
files and directories considered necessary in any ruby project.

Releasing early, and releasing often. This first release only has
basic functionality and that is enough for your basic ruby project.
There is more coming very soon. I thought folks might like to have a
chance to play with it a bit.

Rabal currently ships with plugins for:

* core - core functionality and baseline information need by every project
* license - indicate under what license your project is released. Includes
templates for BSD, GPL, LGPL, MIT and Ruby Licenses
* bin - command line application
* spec - an RSpec starting point
* test - a Test::Unit starting point

You are highly encouraged to write your own plugins and distribute them.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge....files/README_PLUGIN.html

== EXAMPLE

% rabal --use-all --core-author="Ruby Programmer" --core-email="rp@example.com" --license-flavor=Ruby myproj
[...]
% find ./myproj
./myproj/
./myproj/LICENSE
./myproj/COPYING
./myproj/README
./myproj/lib
./myproj/lib/myproj
./myproj/lib/myproj/version.rb
./myproj/lib/myproj.rb
./myproj/Rakefile
./myproj/CHANGES
./myproj/spec
./myproj/spec/spec_helper.rb
./myproj/spec/myproj_spec.rb
./myproj/bin
./myproj/bin/myproj

{{ Changelog for Version 0.0.1 }}

=== Version 0.0.1

* Initial public release

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy@hinegardner.org

2 Answers

Miles

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:58:55 -0500, David Hartung <david@lemagroup.us>
wrote:

>He's already killfiled me about 4 times. :)

As you have me because I kick your ass day after day

I explained (AGAIN) why clinton lost his license

Are you stupid?

Or just pretend you are?

Sid9

<Miles@Davis.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:58:55 -0500, David Hartung <david@lemagroup.us>
> wrote:
>
>>He's already killfiled me about 4 times. :)
>
> As you have me because I kick your ass day after day
>
> I explained (AGAIN) why clinton lost his license
>
> Are you stupid?
>
> Or just pretend you are?

.
.
Another Republican Zombie issue rises from the dead....they never go away.
They keep rising from the grave, born again, again, because they have
nothing else!

Democrat Bill Clinton still admired by most Americans for the great job he
did.
Republican bush,jr will be admired for the record setting pace of failure
upon failure!