Re: "RESTful Web Services"

Keith Fahlgren

6/8/2007 2:54:00 PM

On 6/7/07, Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:
> I've been reading
>
> RESTful Web Services
> Leonard Richardson & Sam Ruby
> O'Reilly, 2007
>
> Aside from being an interesting and well-written book on
> the topic, I was pleased to find that it uses Ruby for
> all of its code examples.

Yeah,

Leonard Richardson was also a co-author of the well-reviewed Ruby
Cookbook, so it's no surprise:

Ruby Cookbook
Lucas Carlson & Leonard Richardson
O'Reilly, 2006
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/rubyckbk/...

HTH,
Keith

1 Answer

vasudevram

> On 6/7/07, Rich Morin <r...@cfcl.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been reading
>
> > RESTful Web Services
> > Leonard Richardson & Sam Ruby
> > O'Reilly, 2007
>
> > Aside from being an interesting and well-written book on
> > the topic, I was pleased to find that it uses Ruby for
> > all of its code examples.

Hey, that's good news. Thanks for the info - I must check it out -
REST is one of my interests. BTW, the book "Enterprise Integration
with Ruby" by Maik Schmidt, published by the Pragmatic Bookshelf, is
also a pretty good one - though its not only about REST, it does have
some good code and text about it. I wrote a short review of it here:

http://jugad.livej.../2...

Vasudev Ram
Biz site: http://www.dancin...
Blog on software innovation: http://jugad.livej...