Re: How to develop cool GUI with Ruby

Reid Thompson

6/8/2007 4:34:00 AM

Jim Zhang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Which is the best RAD tool for Ruby to dev cool GUI program?
>
> Can use glade to design the GUI, then save the design as glade.xml, use
> glade-ruby to load the xml, parse it, invoke with TK?
>
> Is there any example for this? (I don't want to start with TK,
> manually edit
> with GUI code part ...)
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...hiki.cgi...

http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...

2 Answers

Gustav - Railist

There is also the Zerenity library.
http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/browse_thread/thread/35af56...

I haven't used it much, but it was really quick to get something basic
up and running.

Gustav Paul

Jim Zhang wrote:
> I just see the ruby-zilla demo, very cool :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> 2007/6/8, Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com>:
>>
>> Jim Zhang wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Which is the best RAD tool for Ruby to dev cool GUI program?
>> >
>> > Can use glade to design the GUI, then save the design as glade.xml,
>> use
>> > glade-ruby to load the xml, parse it, invoke with TK?
>> >
>> > Is there any example for this? (I don't want to start with TK,
>> > manually edit
>> > with GUI code part ...)
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Jim
>> >
>> http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...hiki.cgi...
>>
>> http://ruby-gnome2.sourc...

Chad Perrin

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 05:17:34PM +0900, Gustav Paul wrote:
> There is also the Zerenity library.
> http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/browse_thread/thread/35af56...
>
> I haven't used it much, but it was really quick to get something basic
> up and running.

There's always Xdialog, too, I suppose. Nice and simple, if your needs
are simple too.

--
CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.ap... ]
McCloctnick the Lucid: "The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your