Re: [ANN] prototype-2.0.0

Victor 'Zverok' Shepelev

6/5/2007 9:55:00 PM

From: ara.t.howard [mailto:ara.t.howard@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:49 AM
>> b.my_new_method #will b have ALL the methods of it's prototype?
>
>the first impl did indeed to that. the latest does not. i found it
>flew in the face of 'normal' ruby design patterns - which is where
>i'm using it after all! ;-)

OK, that's why I've asked about library usage.

Io (prototype-only) looks cool, when you reading tutorials, guides and
examples. But I'm wondering, where "prototype-also" language (Ruby +
prototype.rb) can be more effective than "prototype-neither" (Ruby without
prototype.rb). It's completely possible that advanced prototype-orientation
(dynamic prototype changing and prototype-based lexical scopes) would have
no use in Ruby.

V.