Re: Call for Ruby Champion !!

Doug Phillips

5/30/2007 6:52:00 PM

> I've got a question about this. It seems like the job market
> is going mad with Ruby and Rails. Does anyone know, is this
> the case for other languages? I'm tempted to call it
> "booming" but I don't know how localized the enthusiasm is.
> Certainly whenever recruiters use nontechnical, heroic
> imagery, that's a sign that's something's going on.

Given that the same individual also posted this same message to the
*python* list, I'd say they're on a buzzword-high and don't really know
what they want.

Then again, that's just my $0.02...

-Doug

4 Answers

Gregory Brown

On 5/30/07, Doug Phillips <DPhillips@cybergroup.com> wrote:
> > I've got a question about this. It seems like the job market
> > is going mad with Ruby and Rails. Does anyone know, is this
> > the case for other languages? I'm tempted to call it
> > "booming" but I don't know how localized the enthusiasm is.
> > Certainly whenever recruiters use nontechnical, heroic
> > imagery, that's a sign that's something's going on.
>
> Given that the same individual also posted this same message to the
> *python* list, I'd say they're on a buzzword-high and don't really know
> what they want.

It's clear what they want. They want a Champion.

Reid Thompson

Gregory Brown wrote:
> On 5/30/07, Doug Phillips <DPhillips@cybergroup.com> wrote:
>> > I've got a question about this. It seems like the job market
>> > is going mad with Ruby and Rails. Does anyone know, is this
>> > the case for other languages? I'm tempted to call it
>> > "booming" but I don't know how localized the enthusiasm is.
>> > Certainly whenever recruiters use nontechnical, heroic
>> > imagery, that's a sign that's something's going on.
>>
>> Given that the same individual also posted this same message to the
>> *python* list, I'd say they're on a buzzword-high and don't really know
>> what they want.
>
> It's clear what they want. They want a Champion.
Isn't that a spark plug?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Reid Thompson wrote:
> Gregory Brown wrote:
>>>
>>> Given that the same individual also posted this same message to the
>>> *python* list, I'd say they're on a buzzword-high and don't really know
>>> what they want.
>>
>> It's clear what they want. They want a Champion.
> Isn't that a spark plug?

Spark Plug was Barney Google's horse. Betcha didn't know that Google's
first name was Barney and that he had a horse. ;)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Reid Thompson wrote:
>> Gregory Brown wrote:

>>> It's clear what they want. They want a Champion.
>> Isn't that a spark plug?
>>

> Spark Plug was Barney Google's horse. Betcha didn't know that Google's
> first name was Barney and that he had a horse. ;)

Wait a minute!! Champion was Gene Autry's horse! It's a conspiracy!!