RubyD -- Ruby in D?

jzakiya

5/30/2007 3:57:00 PM

I was looking through the latest Linux Format Magazine,
(June 2007, LXF93) and it had an article on th D programming
language. I had read some things about D before, but now it
seems further along in development. It has built in garbage
collection,
is compatible with C system calls, et al.

Has anyone considered, tried, done a version of Ruby in D to see how
it
could stack up with using C as the foundation of Ruby.

For all you CS, or thesis looking students, this would look like
something
of at least an academic interest.