Re: BOUNTY: Quicksilver plugins in Ruby

Ben Bleything

5/29/2007 4:26:00 PM

On Wed, May 30, 2007, Timothy Brown wrote:
> 2. http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/public/ytrewq1/articles...

This describes how to use PyObjC to write a Quicksilver plugin. You
could just translate this guide to RubyCocoa, or are you looking for
something that doesn't require the user to know the Objective C API?

Ben

1 Answer

Ben Bleything

On Wed, May 30, 2007, Timothy Brown wrote:
> PyObjC is only supported in Quicksilver (apparently) through
> the PyObjC support plugin. A similar plugin needs to
> be developed for the chosen interface. The ideal scenario
> would be something that abstracts the ObjC API to the
> point where Quicksilver plugins can be written directly
> in Ruby with little to no knowledge of ObjC.

Hm, I didn't see that, but I probably just missed it. Can you give me a
link to where it says that?

I believe it should be possible to implement a Quicksilver plugin using
only RubyCocoa, but I'm not certain. I'll explore it, this is a fun
project :)

Ben