making entire spread sheet as active record

katthi

5/29/2007 11:19:00 AM

hi
I want to make entire spread sheet as active record model in ruby on
rails so that i can build applications on top of that .can any one
know how to do this ?

4 Answers

Alex Young

katthi wrote:
> hi
> I want to make entire spread sheet as active record model in ruby on
> rails so that i can build applications on top of that .can any one
> know how to do this ?
Your best bet is to export the spreadsheet to a CSV, and import that CSV
into an SQLite database. You can then use the SQLite database as Rails'
database. For more information than that, you'd best ask on the Rails list.

--
Alex

Gregory Brown

On 5/29/07, Alex Young <alex@blackkettle.org> wrote:
> katthi wrote:
> > hi
> > I want to make entire spread sheet as active record model in ruby on
> > rails so that i can build applications on top of that .can any one
> > know how to do this ?
> Your best bet is to export the spreadsheet to a CSV, and import that CSV
> into an SQLite database. You can then use the SQLite database as Rails'
> database. For more information than that, you'd best ask on the Rails list.

With Ruport, one of our users did something like this:

Table("my.csv", :records => true) do |s,r|
YourModel.create(r.to_hash)
end

Of course, YMMV and that's a bit of a hack. Since this has come up a
couple times, i wouldn't mind adding a more general tool either as a
Ruport plugin or in ruport-util, but I've not had a need for it, so
I'd not be the one to write it :)

cornholio

On Jan 6, 6:40 am, "Heinrich" <Heinr...@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:
> "Al Nakba" <williamhubb...@bluebottle.com> schreef in berichtnews:3533ff78-6dde-4ab3-8e22-d35d5da8c120@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 6, 5:16 am, "Heinrich" <Heinr...@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:
>
> >http://www.nrc.nl/international/Features/article2451469.ece......
>
> > fuck the moroccans !!!!!
>
> they are a menace.. no livestock remains unmolested if they are
> nearby..
>
> everybody here is supporting the moluccans the only group in this country
> which donot  waant to be fucked by those sandapes any longer. it is good
> that this is happening now because pressure is put on the government to take
> action against this scum

I think you should worry less about the Jews and more about the
islamopigs Heine because when they turn Europe into Eurabia
you're fantasies about the worldwide Jewish cabal will finally be
revealed to be the bullshit fantasy they always were.

cornholio

On Jan 6, 6:35 am, Al Nakba <williamhubb...@bluebottle.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 5:16 am, "Heinrich" <Heinr...@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:
>
> >http://www.nrc.nl/international/Features/article2451469.ece......
>
> > fuck the moroccans !!!!!
>
> they are a menace.. no livestock remains unmolested if they are
> nearby..

They'll rape kafir women as well -- when there aren't any little girls
or goats available.