Rails: Does the option :host work in link_to?

Shiwei Zhang

I used the following code line in a View file on machine
http://xx.tes...:
<%= link_to "GoToAnotherHost", { :protocol => "http", :host =>
"app1books.test.com:7777", :controller => "admin", :action => "list" } %>
However the result is: the link "GoToAnotherHost" is always pointed to
http://xx.tes.../admin/list rather than
http://app1books.test.com:7777/.... I.e., the :host doesn't take
effect at all!
What's wrong with this? Do you meet the same problem?

Many Thanks!
Shiwei

1 Answer

James Britt

shiwei zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used the following code line in a View file on machine
> http://xx.tes...:

Rails questions are best asked on the Rails mailing list, where you will
get a better, faster, answer; details may be found at www.rubyonrails.com

--
James Britt

"Hackers will be expelled"