Re: Ruby Header Files in Mac OS X

Doug Phillips

5/24/2007 3:05:00 AM

> You're running the version of Ruby that comes pre-installed
> with OS X, right? Apple got the header files installed in the
> wrong location. Your best bet is to install your own version
> of Ruby in /usr/local.

This is the reason I absolutely hated compiling anything on a mac at my
old job. Apple stuffs libraries in god knows where, and it's a
nightmare trying to figure it all out. Of course, if you use Xcode to
compile, it knows where they all are (most of the time), but try getting
the admins to let you run Xcode on a server...

Thankfully, my new job is working with *BSD and linux.

-Doug