Small Ruby IDE (Debugging

Jorge Domenico Bucaran Romano

As a project of mine I want to build a very simple and small IDE for
Ruby. It will contain basically 4 key things I need and like:

@Project organizing
@Code completion
@Syntax highlighting
@Debugging

All but the last one is giving me trouble, I have no idea of how this
can be done, I think the Ruby interpreter has some debugging
capabilities and I think I will be relying on it for my purposes, but I
don't know how or where to start.

Please help me first in how to debug a Ruby application, then how could
I use this to build a debugger that talks to the interpreter.

Regards, Jorge

Bira

On 5/22/07, Jorge Domenico Bucaran Romano <jbucaran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please help me first in how to debug a Ruby application, then how could
> I use this to build a debugger that talks to the interpreter.

I've seen a graphical debugger for Ruby named "rudebug". I believe you
can install it as a gem, and it should give you some inspiration.

--
Bira
http://compexplicita.bl...

Bira wrote:
> On 5/22/07, Jorge Domenico Bucaran Romano <jbucaran@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please help me first in how to debug a Ruby application, then how could
>> I use this to build a debugger that talks to the interpreter.
>
> I've seen a graphical debugger for Ruby named "rudebug". I believe you
> can install it as a gem, and it should give you some inspiration.

I will check that out, but still, how do I debug in Ruby? How does it
work?

Martin Krauskopf