Lone Star Ruby Conf 2007

Jim Freeze

5/20/2007 6:20:00 AM

Howdy

I am pleased to announce the first annual Lone Star Ruby Conference:

Lone Star Ruby Conf 2007
September 7-8, 2007
Norris Conference Center
Austin, TX

You can take the opportunity to pre-register now at http://
LoneStarRubyConf.com.
Your pre-registration will help us keep the conference cost as low as
possible
and help secure your seat with advanced notification of open
registration.

Logistics:

* The conference price has not been settled yet, but will be as low as
possible based upon pre-registration head count. Expected price is
$150-200.
* For those needing a hotel, conference rates are expected to be
less than $120. More
information on this will be at http://LoneStarRu... when
available.
* We're looking for sponsors! Please contact me if interested.

See you in Austin

Jim Freeze
Lone Star Ruby Conf

4 Answers

John Joyner

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 03:19:57PM +0900, Jim Freeze wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the first annual Lone Star Ruby Conference

Is it possible to estimate, this far ahead, what proportion of the
conference will be devoted to Rails, and how much of it will focus on
more general topics?

Jim Freeze

On May 21, 2007, at 1:43 PM, John Joyner wrote:

> On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 03:19:57PM +0900, Jim Freeze wrote:
>> I am pleased to announce the first annual Lone Star Ruby Conference
>>
> Is it possible to estimate, this far ahead, what proportion of the
> conference will be devoted to Rails, and how much of it will focus on
> more general topics?

I can't tell the future, but, from the proposals we have so far, the
ratio
is 25%. Depending upon who is reading this, that may be good or bad.

Either way, I expect Rails folks will be interested in ruby and rails
talks and I'm
sure there will be good Ruby code discussed in the rails talks.

Jim

Sammy Larbi

I missed the original announcement, where can I follow the details?

William Smith wrote, On 5/23/2007 8:22 AM:
> I am super psyched about this and cannot wait.
>
> On 5/23/07, Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org> wrote:

>> > Is it possible to estimate, this far ahead, what proportion of the
>> > conference will be devoted to Rails, and how much of it will focus on
>> > more general topics?
>>
>> I can't tell the future, but, from the proposals we have so far, the
>> ratio
>> is 25%. Depending upon who is reading this, that may be good or bad.
>>
>> Either way, I expect Rails folks will be interested in ruby and rails
>> talks and I'm
>> sure there will be good Ruby code discussed in the rails talks.
>>

>> Jim

Jim Freeze

On May 23, 2007, at 8:36 AM, Sammy Larbi wrote:

> I missed the original announcement, where can I follow the details?

You can pre-register at http://LoneStarRu...

Below is a copy of the original announcement:

Howdy

I am pleased to announce the first annual Lone Star Ruby Conference:

Lone Star Ruby Conf 2007
September 7-8, 2007
Norris Conference Center
Austin, TX

You can take the opportunity to pre-register now at http://
LoneStarRubyConf.com.
Your pre-registration will help us keep the conference cost as low as
possible
and help secure your seat with advanced notification of open
registration.

Logistics:

* The conference price has not been settled yet, but will be as low as
possible based upon pre-registration head count. Expected price is
$150-200.
* For those needing a hotel, conference hotel rates are expected to