Installation problem with RMagick-1.14.1_IM-6.3.0-7-Q8

Veera Sundaravel

5/16/2007 1:52:00 PM

Hello everybody,

I tried to install RMagick-1.14.1_IM-6.3.0-7-Q8 in my windowsxp system.

C:\>ruby -v

C:\>gem -v
0.9.2

C:\>rails -v
Rails 1.2.3

For that I download the RMagick 1.14.1 binary gem for Ruby 1.8.5 from
http://rub....

After downloading I got the following files :

ImageMagick-6.3.0-7-Q8-windows-dll.exe
rmagick-1.14.1-win32.gem
RMagick-1.14.1.tar.bz2
README-RMAGICK.txt
README-RMAGICK.html
README.html
md5sum.txt

But can't get software.md5 file inside the .zip..

After that I used ImageMagick-6.3.0-7-Q8-windows-dll.exe as per
instruction>
But at the end I got an error like unable to execute file : ppm
ShellExecuteEx failed; code 2.

Whats this error .

El Castor

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:53:30 -0700, mg <mgkelson@yaoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 23:58:52 -0800 (PST), bflanier@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>If you are not completely insane you might have noted that some of our Conservative friends like to whine about the 'gobment' intrusion into their lives. The latest dustup is, of course, the NSA bru-ha-ha. You know what I'm talking here. Now let me say that what the NSA is doing-collecting phone records-is dumb-there is so much of it, I don't think it is useful (but I may not be tech-savvy enough to know)and it is likely unconstitutional though courts have said otherwise. You probably can cite other instances of 'gobment' intrusion that you don't like...have at it.
>>
>>Anyway, as much as a certain group is concerned about the issue (including the vaginal-probe group), I got a chuckle about a HOA group here in the Valley of the Hot who have banned the smoking of medical pot in the yards of the denizens. Not only in the yards but also anywhere in or on the premises. I should mention that almost all these HOA areas are completely surrounded by 6 foot high walls so one can roam around, day or nite in their scivvies, but hoo-boy, smoking weed. OH-NO-YOU-DON'T!
>>
>>So much for staying out of other people's business.
>
>Actually, I think that Republicans might approve of NSA spying more
>than Democrats. Here's a quote:
>
>"As the Washington Post reports, two laws in particular. The Protect
>America Act of 2007 passed the Senate 60-28; Democrats split with 17
>voting in favor and 28 against, while Republicans were unanimous in
>support. In the House, Democrats opposed it by a wide 41-181 margin,
>while Republicans vote for it 186-2."
>
>http://www.salon.com/2013/06/08/blame_congress_for_the_nsas_...

I supported NSA spying, and still do, but only within reasonable
limits. Those reasonable limits are defined by the Constitution. I
think both conservatives and liberals had a right to assume that those
limits would be observed. Now we discover that they have not -- at
least it sure looks that way. The only supporter of NSA overreach I
see in this group is Islander, and I doubt he is a Republican.

mg

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:07:01 -0800, El Castor
<DrEvil@justuschickens.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:53:30 -0700, mg <mgkelson@yaoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 23:58:52 -0800 (PST), bflanier@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>If you are not completely insane you might have noted that some of our Conservative friends like to whine about the 'gobment' intrusion into their lives. The latest dustup is, of course, the NSA bru-ha-ha. You know what I'm talking here. Now let me say that what the NSA is doing-collecting phone records-is dumb-there is so much of it, I don't think it is useful (but I may not be tech-savvy enough to know)and it is likely unconstitutional though courts have said otherwise. You probably can cite other instances of 'gobment' intrusion that you don't like...have at it.
>>>
>>>Anyway, as much as a certain group is concerned about the issue (including the vaginal-probe group), I got a chuckle about a HOA group here in the Valley of the Hot who have banned the smoking of medical pot in the yards of the denizens. Not only in the yards but also anywhere in or on the premises. I should mention that almost all these HOA areas are completely surrounded by 6 foot high walls so one can roam around, day or nite in their scivvies, but hoo-boy, smoking weed. OH-NO-YOU-DON'T!
>>>
>>>So much for staying out of other people's business.
>>
>>Actually, I think that Republicans might approve of NSA spying more
>>than Democrats. Here's a quote:
>>
>>"As the Washington Post reports, two laws in particular. The Protect
>>America Act of 2007 passed the Senate 60-28; Democrats split with 17
>>voting in favor and 28 against, while Republicans were unanimous in
>>support. In the House, Democrats opposed it by a wide 41-181 margin,
>>while Republicans vote for it 186-2."
>>
>>http://www.salon.com/2013/06/08/blame_congress_for_the_nsas_...
>
>I supported NSA spying, and still do, but only within reasonable
>limits. Those reasonable limits are defined by the Constitution. I
>think both conservatives and liberals had a right to assume that those
>limits would be observed. Now we discover that they have not -- at
>least it sure looks that way. The only supporter of NSA overreach I
>see in this group is Islander, and I doubt he is a Republican.

The problem I see with the NSA spring program is that it has to be set
up so that someone like Bill Clinton, for instance, or Lyndon Johnson,
or Dick Nixon, or George Bush, or Obama, or the presidents that come
after him, for perhaps hundreds of years to come, can't use it for
political purposes, like going after their political enemies, or
starting a phony wars, etc.

I think Islander has a natural propensity for trusting people,
including most all Democrats and even Republicans to some extent. I
believe that you tend to trust Republicans and distrust Democrats. As
for me, I don't trust anybody.

mg

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 07:55:24 -0800, islander <none@priracy.com> wrote:

>On 2/6/2014 6:53 PM, mg wrote:
>> On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 23:58:52 -0800 (PST), bflanier@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> If you are not completely insane you might have noted that some of our Conservative friends like to whine about the 'gobment' intrusion into their lives. The latest dustup is, of course, the NSA bru-ha-ha. You know what I'm talking here. Now let me say that what the NSA is doing-collecting phone records-is dumb-there is so much of it, I don't think it is useful (but I may not be tech-savvy enough to know)and it is likely unconstitutional though courts have said otherwise. You probably can cite other instances of 'gobment' intrusion that you don't like...have at it.
>>>
>>> Anyway, as much as a certain group is concerned about the issue (including the vaginal-probe group), I got a chuckle about a HOA group here in the Valley of the Hot who have banned the smoking of medical pot in the yards of the denizens. Not only in the yards but also anywhere in or on the premises. I should mention that almost all these HOA areas are completely surrounded by 6 foot high walls so one can roam around, day or nite in their scivvies, but hoo-boy, smoking weed. OH-NO-YOU-DON'T!
>>>
>>> So much for staying out of other people's business.
>>
>> Actually, I think that Republicans might approve of NSA spying more
>> than Democrats. Here's a quote:
>>
>> "As the Washington Post reports, two laws in particular. The Protect
>> America Act of 2007 passed the Senate 60-28; Democrats split with 17
>> voting in favor and 28 against, while Republicans were unanimous in
>> support. In the House, Democrats opposed it by a wide 41-181 margin,
>> while Republicans vote for it 186-2."
>>
>> http://www.salon.com/2013/06/08/blame_congress_for_the_nsas_...
>>
>That was before the 2010 midterms. A lot of Libertarians were swept in
>with the Tea Party and they lean to the far left on issues of personal
>freedom. Otherwise, Republicans in 2007 supported national defense and
>would have supported anything with the title "Protect America Act."
>Now, this is one of the issues where the Republican party is split.

It's true that Tea Partiers would probably vote against apple pie and
motherhood, if Obama was for it. However there was a vote in July of
last year, in the House, to kill the NSA phone program and the
Democrats voted 111-83 to kill it and Republican vote, with Obama and
against killing the NSA program with a vote of 94-134.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amash-amendment-nsa-surveillance-obama-edward-snow...
http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/191536-boehner-under-pressure-on-n...

El Castor

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:32:52 -0700, mg <mgkelson@yaoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:07:01 -0800, El Castor
><DrEvil@justuschickens.com> wrote:

>>>Actually, I think that Republicans might approve of NSA spying more
>>>than Democrats. Here's a quote:
>>>
>>>"As the Washington Post reports, two laws in particular. The Protect
>>>America Act of 2007 passed the Senate 60-28; Democrats split with 17
>>>voting in favor and 28 against, while Republicans were unanimous in
>>>support. In the House, Democrats opposed it by a wide 41-181 margin,
>>>while Republicans vote for it 186-2."
>>>
>>>http://www.salon.com/2013/06/08/blame_congress_for_the_nsas_...
>>
>>I supported NSA spying, and still do, but only within reasonable
>>limits. Those reasonable limits are defined by the Constitution. I
>>think both conservatives and liberals had a right to assume that those
>>limits would be observed. Now we discover that they have not -- at
>>least it sure looks that way. The only supporter of NSA overreach I
>>see in this group is Islander, and I doubt he is a Republican.
>
>The problem I see with the NSA spring program is that it has to be set
>up so that someone like Bill Clinton, for instance, or Lyndon Johnson,
>or Dick Nixon, or George Bush, or Obama, or the presidents that come
>after him, for perhaps hundreds of years to come, can't use it for
>political purposes, like going after their political enemies, or
>starting a phony wars, etc.
>
>I think Islander has a natural propensity for trusting people,
>including most all Democrats and even Republicans to some extent. I
>believe that you tend to trust Republicans and distrust Democrats. As
>for me, I don't trust anybody.

I don't trust politicians of any stripe, but that doesn't mean that I
believe they are all crooks. I just have an open mind on the subject.

islander

On 2/7/2014 2:00 PM, mg wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 07:55:24 -0800, islander <none@priracy.com> wrote:

>>> Actually, I think that Republicans might approve of NSA spying more
>>> than Democrats. Here's a quote:
>>>
>>> "As the Washington Post reports, two laws in particular. The Protect
>>> America Act of 2007 passed the Senate 60-28; Democrats split with 17
>>> voting in favor and 28 against, while Republicans were unanimous in
>>> support. In the House, Democrats opposed it by a wide 41-181 margin,
>>> while Republicans vote for it 186-2."
>>>
>>> http://www.salon.com/2013/06/08/blame_congress_for_the_nsas_...
>>>
>> That was before the 2010 midterms. A lot of Libertarians were swept in
>> with the Tea Party and they lean to the far left on issues of personal
>> freedom. Otherwise, Republicans in 2007 supported national defense and
>> would have supported anything with the title "Protect America Act."
>> Now, this is one of the issues where the Republican party is split.
>
> It's true that Tea Partiers would probably vote against apple pie and
> motherhood, if Obama was for it. However there was a vote in July of
> last year, in the House, to kill the NSA phone program and the
> Democrats voted 111-83 to kill it and Republican vote, with Obama and
> against killing the NSA program with a vote of 94-134.
>
> http://www.businessinsider.com/amash-amendment-nsa-surveillance-obama-edward-snow...
> http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/191536-boehner-under-pressure-on-n...

That is about right for the number of Libertarians in the House.

islander

On 2/7/2014 12:07 PM, El Castor wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:53:30 -0700, mg <mgkelson@yaoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 23:58:52 -0800 (PST), bflanier@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> If you are not completely insane you might have noted that some of our Conservative friends like to whine about the 'gobment' intrusion into their lives. The latest dustup is, of course, the NSA bru-ha-ha. You know what I'm talking here. Now let me say that what the NSA is doing-collecting phone records-is dumb-there is so much of it, I don't think it is useful (but I may not be tech-savvy enough to know)and it is likely unconstitutional though courts have said otherwise. You probably can cite other instances of 'gobment' intrusion that you don't like...have at it.
>>>
>>> Anyway, as much as a certain group is concerned about the issue (including the vaginal-probe group), I got a chuckle about a HOA group here in the Valley of the Hot who have banned the smoking of medical pot in the yards of the denizens. Not only in the yards but also anywhere in or on the premises. I should mention that almost all these HOA areas are completely surrounded by 6 foot high walls so one can roam around, day or nite in their scivvies, but hoo-boy, smoking weed. OH-NO-YOU-DON'T!
>>>
>>> So much for staying out of other people's business.
>>
>> Actually, I think that Republicans might approve of NSA spying more
>> than Democrats. Here's a quote:
>>
>> "As the Washington Post reports, two laws in particular. The Protect
>> America Act of 2007 passed the Senate 60-28; Democrats split with 17
>> voting in favor and 28 against, while Republicans were unanimous in
>> support. In the House, Democrats opposed it by a wide 41-181 margin,
>> while Republicans vote for it 186-2."
>>
>> http://www.salon.com/2013/06/08/blame_congress_for_the_nsas_...
>
> I supported NSA spying, and still do, but only within reasonable
> limits. Those reasonable limits are defined by the Constitution. I
> think both conservatives and liberals had a right to assume that those
> limits would be observed. Now we discover that they have not -- at
> least it sure looks that way. The only supporter of NSA overreach I
> see in this group is Islander, and I doubt he is a Republican.

Keep in mind that the only administration to abuse the protections that
were put in place in 1978 was the Bush administration which circumvented
the FISA court to gather intelligence. People should have gone to jail
over that!

mg

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 00:32:08 -0800, El Castor
<DrEvil@justuschickens.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:32:52 -0700, mg <mgkelson@yaoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:07:01 -0800, El Castor
>><DrEvil@justuschickens.com> wrote:

>>>I supported NSA spying, and still do, but only within reasonable
>>>limits. Those reasonable limits are defined by the Constitution. I
>>>think both conservatives and liberals had a right to assume that those
>>>limits would be observed. Now we discover that they have not -- at
>>>least it sure looks that way. The only supporter of NSA overreach I
>>>see in this group is Islander, and I doubt he is a Republican.
>>
>>The problem I see with the NSA spring program is that it has to be set
>>up so that someone like Bill Clinton, for instance, or Lyndon Johnson,
>>or Dick Nixon, or George Bush, or Obama, or the presidents that come
>>after him, for perhaps hundreds of years to come, can't use it for
>>political purposes, like going after their political enemies, or
>>starting a phony wars, etc.
>>
>>I think Islander has a natural propensity for trusting people,
>>including most all Democrats and even Republicans to some extent. I
>>believe that you tend to trust Republicans and distrust Democrats. As
>>for me, I don't trust anybody.
>>
>I don't trust politicians of any stripe, but that doesn't mean that I
>believe they are all crooks. I just have an open mind on the subject.

I like Reagan's old adage that says "trust but verify" and I'm willing
to let the NSA do all the spying they have to as long as we have a
check and balance system in place where we can be sure that the
program isn't being abused by dishonest presidents. I'm not open
minded, at all, about the possibility of trusting presidents with no
verification, though.

mg

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 16:28:46 -0800, islander <none@priracy.com> wrote:

>On 2/7/2014 2:00 PM, mg wrote:

>>> That was before the 2010 midterms. A lot of Libertarians were swept in
>>> with the Tea Party and they lean to the far left on issues of personal
>>> freedom. Otherwise, Republicans in 2007 supported national defense and
>>> would have supported anything with the title "Protect America Act."
>>> Now, this is one of the issues where the Republican party is split.
>>
>> It's true that Tea Partiers would probably vote against apple pie and
>> motherhood, if Obama was for it. However there was a vote in July of
>> last year, in the House, to kill the NSA phone program and the
>> Democrats voted 111-83 to kill it and Republican vote, with Obama and
>> against killing the NSA program with a vote of 94-134.
>>
>> http://www.businessinsider.com/amash-amendment-nsa-surveillance-obama-edward-snow...
>> http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/191536-boehner-under-pressure-on-n...
>>

>That is about right for the number of Libertarians in the House.

In any case, it looks like the bill to kill that spying program would
have passed in the House, if it had been up to the Democrats.

El Castor

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 19:10:03 -0700, mg <mgkelson@yaoo.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 00:32:08 -0800, El Castor
><DrEvil@justuschickens.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:32:52 -0700, mg <mgkelson@yaoo.com> wrote:

>>>The problem I see with the NSA spring program is that it has to be set
>>>up so that someone like Bill Clinton, for instance, or Lyndon Johnson,
>>>or Dick Nixon, or George Bush, or Obama, or the presidents that come
>>>after him, for perhaps hundreds of years to come, can't use it for
>>>political purposes, like going after their political enemies, or
>>>starting a phony wars, etc.
>>>
>>>I think Islander has a natural propensity for trusting people,
>>>including most all Democrats and even Republicans to some extent. I
>>>believe that you tend to trust Republicans and distrust Democrats. As
>>>for me, I don't trust anybody.
>>>
>>I don't trust politicians of any stripe, but that doesn't mean that I
>>believe they are all crooks. I just have an open mind on the subject.
>
>I like Reagan's old adage that says "trust but verify" and I'm willing
>to let the NSA do all the spying they have to as long as we have a
>check and balance system in place where we can be sure that the
>program isn't being abused by dishonest presidents. I'm not open
>minded, at all, about the possibility of trusting presidents with no
>verification, though.

We seem to be on the same page.

El Castor

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 16:33:21 -0800, islander <none@priracy.com> wrote:

>On 2/7/2014 12:07 PM, El Castor wrote:

>>> Actually, I think that Republicans might approve of NSA spying more
>>> than Democrats. Here's a quote:
>>>
>>> "As the Washington Post reports, two laws in particular. The Protect
>>> America Act of 2007 passed the Senate 60-28; Democrats split with 17
>>> voting in favor and 28 against, while Republicans were unanimous in
>>> support. In the House, Democrats opposed it by a wide 41-181 margin,
>>> while Republicans vote for it 186-2."
>>>
>>> http://www.salon.com/2013/06/08/blame_congress_for_the_nsas_...
>>
>> I supported NSA spying, and still do, but only within reasonable
>> limits. Those reasonable limits are defined by the Constitution. I
>> think both conservatives and liberals had a right to assume that those
>> limits would be observed. Now we discover that they have not -- at
>> least it sure looks that way. The only supporter of NSA overreach I
>> see in this group is Islander, and I doubt he is a Republican.
>>
>Keep in mind that the only administration to abuse the protections that
>were put in place in 1978 was the Bush administration which circumvented
>the FISA court to gather intelligence. People should have gone to jail
>over that!

Of course, Islander, no one could ever accuse you of blind
partisanship. Only conservatives break the law. Liberals can have a
blank check because they mean well.