Re: Can't get basic CGI and Form submission working

seebs

5/13/2007 6:20:00 PM

In message <93ab45c89b36bb0934def101c1a81917@ruby-forum.com>, Toby Rodwell writes:
>... would run the script indicated. Instead I get a '404' "The
>requested URL <path...> was not found on this server."

The path you give must be the path within the web server's view, not
the filesystem path. So, "/home/bob/src/test.rb" won't work, for
instance. Typical would be to put the program in your server's CGI
directory, and specify "/cgi-bin/test.rb".

-s

1 Answer

Toby Rodwell

unknown wrote:
> The path you give must be the path within the web server's view, not
> the filesystem path. So, "/home/bob/src/test.rb" won't work, for
> instance. Typical would be to put the program in your server's CGI
> directory, and specify "/cgi-bin/test.rb".
>
> -s

Thanks 's', that did the trick. I've now progressed one step to a new
error message: "405 - POST Method not allowed for the URL <path>"
Anyone any ideas? I'm guessing either its another web server config
issue or I'm not using 'POST' correctly ...

Thanks again!