Re: rubyscript2exe - cannot execute binary problem

Erik Veenstra

5/13/2007 1:22:00 PM

> ...when I copy the executable to another computer, I get the
> following error for the script :
>
> /bin/sh: /tmp/eee.appl2_linux.2/bin/ruby: cannot execute
> binary file
>
> ...shouldn't the executables normally run on any version of
> Linux ?

No, they shouldn't:

* Linux runs on a lot of architectures, e.g. executables
compiled for i386 won't run on PPC.

* Unless compiled statically, executables and libraries depend
on other libraries. If these libraries aren't installed, or
installed with a different version, you might run into
trouble.

I guess, you're running into dependency problems.

BTW, please use the latest version of a tool when reporting
bugs. You're using either RubyScript2Exe 0.5.0 or 0.5.1, while
the latest is 0.5.2. (BTW, updating to 0.5.2 won't solve your
problems... :})

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...