erlang/ruby bridge (sorta re: Joe Armstrong RubyConf thread

Giles Bowkett

5/10/2007 7:44:00 PM

http://www.rubyinside.com/erlang-ruby-bridge-its-erlectricit...
http://nullstyle.com/2007/5/9/erlectricity-hi-ruby-...

I'm a n00b with Erlang, but it looks to me as if essentially Erlang's
playing client and Ruby's playing server.

--
Giles Bowkett

I'm running a time management experiment: I'm only checking e-mail
twice per day, at 11am and 5pm. If you need to get in touch quicker
than that, call me on my cell.

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.bl...
Portfolio: http://www.gilesg...

1 Answer

Mamut

On May 10, 10:43 pm, "Giles Bowkett" <gil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.rubyinside.com/erlang-ruby-bridge-its-erlectricity-487.htmlhttp://nullstyle.com/2007/5/9/erlectricity-hi-ruby-...
>
> I'm a n00b withErlang, but it looks to me as if essentiallyErlang's
> playing client and Ruby's playing server.

It's neither :)

There is an Erlang process and Ruby code acting as an Erlang node.
They are completely the same from the point of view of Erlang VM.

In fact, you'll *want* your Erlang node to be the server and Ruby node
to be your client. The example simply demonstrated how Ruby could be
used to communicate with Erlang using electricity