Re: RubyConf 2007

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: RubyConf 2007"
on Thu, 3 May 2007 05:00:09 +0900, Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> writes:

|If Matz isn't available I vote for Joe Armstrong to deliver the
|keynote. Heck, invite Joe regardless.

I am available. But I will gladly yield keynote privilege to Joe
Armstrong (on Erlang or OO sucks, for example), if he's willing.
In that case, I will have to prepare only for small presentation this
year. ;-)

matz.

10 Answers

John Joyce

On May 8, 2007, at 12:03 PM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: RubyConf 2007"
> on Thu, 3 May 2007 05:00:09 +0900, Daniel Berger
> <djberg96@gmail.com> writes:
>
> |If Matz isn't available I vote for Joe Armstrong to deliver the
> |keynote. Heck, invite Joe regardless.
>
> I am available. But I will gladly yield keynote privilege to Joe
> Armstrong (on Erlang or OO sucks, for example), if he's willing.
> In that case, I will have to prepare only for small presentation this
> year. ;-)
>
> matz.

Oh, but it would be so nice to hear a lot about 1.9/2.0
But you should do it together with Masayoshi Takahashi !
The expert in being non-diligent about presentations.
What could be easier than the Takahashi method done for you?!

dblack

Daniel Berger

dblack@wobblini.net wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Tue, 8 May 2007, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In message "Re: RubyConf 2007"
>> on Thu, 3 May 2007 05:00:09 +0900, Daniel Berger
>> <djberg96@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> |If Matz isn't available I vote for Joe Armstrong to deliver the
>> |keynote. Heck, invite Joe regardless.
>>
>> I am available. But I will gladly yield keynote privilege to Joe
>> Armstrong (on Erlang or OO sucks, for example), if he's willing.
>> In that case, I will have to prepare only for small presentation this
>> year. ;-)
>
> Thanks for the offer, but we still want you :-) And I missed last
> year's, so I definitely need to hear what's going on :-)
>

> David

So, we'll have Joe do the keynote and Matz do a "State of the Union"
speech separately. :)

Just a thought. Of course, I'm assuming Joe's even remotely interested.

Regards,

Dan

Father Haskell

On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, J <Jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> On 11/9/2011 8:09 PM, Ray "Adolf" Fischer wrote:
>
> > J<Jvisi...@live.com>  wrote:
>
> >> Nobody complains when the Jews light their candles for Chanukah,
> >> insisting that they be called "holiday candles". Why the hypocrisy when
> >> it comes to a Christmas tree?
>
> > There is no hypocrisy, nazi turd.  There are only your evil lies and
> > religious extremism.
>
> A Christmas tree has nothing to do with religion, idiot. It's a
> tradition that's been observed by Christians for hundreds of years; that
> haters like you want to eliminate for no good reason other than to
> satisfy your hate.

Tannenbaum was invented by German pagans. Sacred tree
of Thor.

Tronscend

"Father Haskell" <fatherhaskell@yahoo.com> skrev i melding
On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, J <Jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> On 11/9/2011 8:09 PM, Ray "Adolf" Fischer wrote:
>
> > J<Jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
>
> >> Nobody complains when the Jews light their candles for Chanukah,
> >> insisting that they be called "holiday candles". Why the hypocrisy when
> >> it comes to a Christmas tree?
>
> > There is no hypocrisy, nazi turd. There are only your evil lies and
> > religious extremism.
>
> A Christmas tree has nothing to do with religion, idiot.

Of course it has. Just not the xinsane one.
It's a Norse Return-of-the-Sun rite.

It's a
> tradition that's been observed by Christians for hundreds of years

'Hundreds of years', really ...?
How impressive.
(Some peoples have histories going back before Nixon, believe it or not).

that
> haters like you want to eliminate for no good reason other than to
> satisfy your hate.

Tannenbaum was invented by German pagans.

Tannenbaum = spruce = was not invented; it developed ....

> Sacred tree of Thor.

Methinx that was the oak.

Father Haskell

On Nov 10, 12:49 am, "Tronscend" <tronf...@frizurf.no> wrote:
> "Father Haskell" <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> skrev i meldingnews:8d8252e5-db3b-47ee-ae01-3f3f12827daf@t8g2000yql.googlegroups.com...
> On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, J <Jvisi...@live.com> wrote:

> > > There is no hypocrisy, nazi turd. There are only your evil lies and
> > > religious extremism.
>
> > A Christmas tree has nothing to do with religion, idiot.
>
> Of course it has. Just not the xinsane one.
> It's a Norse Return-of-the-Sun rite.
>
> It's a
>
> > tradition that's been observed by Christians for hundreds of years
>
> 'Hundreds of years', really ...?
> How impressive.
> (Some peoples have histories going back before Nixon, believe it or not).
>
>  that
>
> > haters like you want to eliminate for no good reason other than to
> > satisfy your hate.
>
> Tannenbaum was invented by German pagans.
>
> Tannenbaum = spruce = was  not invented; it developed ....
>
> > Sacred tree of Thor.
>
> Methinx that was the oak.

I have noticed it makes splendid electric guitar necks.

Yap

On Nov 10, 12:28 pm, J <Jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> On 11/9/2011 8:09 PM, Ray "Adolf" Fischer wrote:
>
> > J<Jvisi...@live.com>  wrote:
>
> >> Nobody complains when the Jews light their candles for Chanukah,
> >> insisting that they be called "holiday candles". Why the hypocrisy when
> >> it comes to a Christmas tree?
>
> > There is no hypocrisy, nazi turd.  There are only your evil lies and
> > religious extremism.
>
> A Christmas tree has nothing to do with religion, idiot. It's a
> tradition that's been observed by Christians for hundreds of years; that
> haters like you want to eliminate for no good reason other than to
> satisfy your hate.
>
> --
> J Young
> Jvisi...@live.com

A tree and you describe it as X'mas without religious overtone?
The tradition is also religious in nature....why are you afraid to
admit?

SkyEyes

On Nov 9, 10:49 pm, "Tronscend" <tronf...@frizurf.no> wrote:

> Tannenbaum was invented by German pagans.
>
> Tannenbaum = spruce = was  not invented; it developed ....
>
> > Sacred tree of Thor.
>
> Methinx that was the oak.

Nope, that was the oak.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

Malygris

Tronscend wrote:

> Tannenbaum was invented by German pagans.
>
> Tannenbaum = spruce = was not invented; it developed ....

Actually Tanne = fir. Spruce = Fichte. But quite a lot of Tannenb??umen sold
for christmas are actually firs. I think spruce are cheaper.

>> Sacred tree of Thor.
>
> Methinx that was the oak.

'twas. But maybe he had more than one sacred tree?

--
Malygris

rfischer

J <Jvisions@live.com> wrote:
>On 11/9/2011 8:09 PM, Ray "Adolf" Fischer wrote:
>> J<Jvisions@live.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Nobody complains when the Jews light their candles for Chanukah,
>>> insisting that they be called "holiday candles". Why the hypocrisy when
>>> it comes to a Christmas tree?
>>
>> There is no hypocrisy, nazi turd. There are only your evil lies and
>> religious extremism.
>
>A Christmas tree has nothing to do with religion,

Do you even know what the word "Christmas" means, nazi turd?

rfischer@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal