RubyForge statistics

Trans

5/8/2007 12:16:00 AM

Anyone else notice FLVTool2 suddenly marched up into the top 10
RubyForge downloads? If I'm wrong about this, then my apologies, but
given the specific nature of the project I suspect the 30,000+
downloads of RC5 weren't made by 30,000 different people. Wouldn't it
be better if Rubyforge counted downloads on a per IP address basis?
Just a thought.

T.

4 Answers

Matt

On May 7, 7:16 pm, Trans <transf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone else notice FLVTool2 suddenly marched up into the top 10
> RubyForge downloads? If I'm wrong about this, then my apologies, but
> given the specific nature of the project I suspect the 30,000+
> downloads of RC5 weren't made by 30,000 different people. Wouldn't it
> be better if Rubyforge counted downloads on a per IP address basis?
> Just a thought.
>
> T.

You are so right. I'm working on just a beast right now. You can
track the progress on my blog (http://blog.mmmult...). I
should have the beta done before RailsConf (or at RailsConf). Get
ready for gem statistics data sliced in every which way. I'll also be
at RailsConf and happy to show you a more complete demo.

Matt Bauer

Mosquito Mole Multiworks

On May 7, 11:36 pm, Matt <b...@mmmultiworks.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 7:16 pm, Trans <transf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone else notice FLVTool2 suddenly marched up into the top 10
> > RubyForge downloads? If I'm wrong about this, then my apologies, but
> > given the specific nature of the project I suspect the 30,000+
> > downloads of RC5 weren't made by 30,000 different people. Wouldn't it
> > be better if Rubyforge counted downloads on a per IP address basis?
> > Just a thought.
>
> > T.
>
> You are so right. I'm working on just a beast right now. You can
> track the progress on my blog (http://blog.mmmult...). I
> should have the beta done before RailsConf (or at RailsConf). Get
> ready for gem statistics data sliced in every which way. I'll also be
> at RailsConf and happy to show you a more complete demo.

Look forward to seeing it. (Though no RailsConf for me.)

T.

James Warren

On 09/11/2011 9:49 PM, George Hammond wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:29:39 -0400, James Warren
> <jwwarren987@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/2011 7:02 PM, snip crap wrote:
>>> On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 17:06:13 -0400, James Warren
>>> <jwwarren987@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> [Hammond]
>>> snip crap
>>
>> No arguments?
>>

> [Hammond]
> You haven't presented any competent scientific
> objections to argue with.
>
> Statements such as:
>
> 1. "Factor Analysis can't prove God" is a patently
> unproveable statement, nothing but a mere
> opinion. No one is interested in unsubstantiated
> "opinions". Your statement is scientifically
> incompetent.
>
> 2. Your claim that I have no scientific evidence or
> data a demonstrable lie. What do you call this
> for instance:
>
> http://webspace.webring.com/people/eg/geor.../5X...
>
> 3. When I listed 16 scientific reasons that the last,
> final Factor in Psychometry (single 4th order
> Factor) is God, you said "they go nowhere",
> when in fact the 16 reasons clearly prove that the
> discovery of the single 4th order Factor is the
> world's first scientific proof of God. A proof of
> God is not "nowhere"... what the hell kind of
> illogical nonsense are you raving about?
>

> FINALLY, you have evaded answering the inquiry about
> your scientific qualifications.... your CV for instance.
> Surely you dan't expect a graduate scientist like
> me to sit here and argue with an unqualified amateur
> do you? Such an exercise is pointless.
> GEORGE HAMMOND'S PROOF OF GOD WEBSITE
> Primary site
> http://webspace.webring.com/people/eg/geor...
> Mirror site
> http://proof-of-god.freewebsiteh...
> HAMMOND FOLK SONG by Casey Bennetto
> http://interrobang.jwgh.org/songs/h...

OK. So you will not reply to my critique of your paper.
Carry on. :)