Re: ruby and true

seebs

5/7/2007 7:35:00 AM

In message <5a82onF28vc6vU4@mid.individual.net>, Robert Klemme writes:
>On 07.05.2007 09:23, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> (And I say this as someone who virtually NEVER writes 'if (ptr == NULL)' in C,
>> because I think it's gratuitously verbose. 'if (ptr)' seems clearer to me.)

>Just keep in mind that the behavior of the program will be dramatically
>different if you replace "if (ptr == NULL)" with "if (ptr)". :-))

Pshaw! I reject your naive dichotomy between true and false. I'm trying
to undermine the patriarchal social contract that subjects code to
"execution", by rejecting the Hegelian dichotomy. BTW, I think anyone
who hasn't yet read Jacques Derrida's "C by Deconstruction" should, as
soon as someone gets around to writing it.

-s

2 Answers

Robert Klemme

On 07.05.2007 09:35, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <5a82onF28vc6vU4@mid.individual.net>, Robert Klemme writes:
>> On 07.05.2007 09:23, Peter Seebach wrote:
>>> (And I say this as someone who virtually NEVER writes 'if (ptr == NULL)' in C,
>>> because I think it's gratuitously verbose. 'if (ptr)' seems clearer to me.)
>
>> Just keep in mind that the behavior of the program will be dramatically
>> different if you replace "if (ptr == NULL)" with "if (ptr)". :-))
>
> Pshaw! I reject your naive dichotomy between true and false. I'm trying
> to undermine the patriarchal social contract that subjects code to
> "execution", by rejecting the Hegelian dichotomy.

Next you'll claim that black is white and Ruby is faster than.

> BTW, I think anyone
> who hasn't yet read Jacques Derrida's "C by Deconstruction" should, as
> soon as someone gets around to writing it.

Certainly *not* Derrida as he has been - um - deconstructed already. :-)

robert *still chuckling*

Robert Dober

On 5/7/07, Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net> wrote:

> Pshaw! I reject your naive dichotomy between true and false. I'm trying
> to undermine the patriarchal social contract that subjects code to
> "execution", by rejecting the Hegelian dichotomy. BTW, I think anyone
> who hasn't yet read Jacques Derrida's "C by Deconstruction" should, as
> soon as someone gets around to writing it.
>
> -s
Stay calm, breath by your nose and do not panic by any means.
Help is on the way.

Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?