Re: Unofficial Ruby Quiz -- Ranking Choices

Todd

5/4/2007 3:20:00 AM

--- Bill Guindon <agorilla@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks much for filling in. I'm very interested,
> and I hope I have
> the time to take a shot at this one.
>
> Could you elaborate on the rules a bit? Do all
> possible pairs have to
> be evaluated, or should it deduce values based on
> previous answers?
>
> banana is more important than apple
> orange is more important than banana
> no need to compare apples to oranges (pardon the
> pun).

I think it would be more fun to leave possibilities
like this open:

banana is more important than apple
orange is more important than banana
and apple is more important than orange

In the absence of more data, we can't rank them, but
add a few more "things", and you might be able to
(orange is more important than cereal, but apple is
not).

Hmmm, have to think about this.

http://mail...

4 Answers

Justin Case

"Scruffy McScruffovitch" <Scruffy_1@FAM.NET> wrote in message
> In News 46d9c689$0$32485$4c368faf@roadrunner.com,, Jerry Okamura at
> okamuraj005@hawaii.rr.com, typed this:
>
>> "GoMavs" <Mavz@Mavericks.com> wrote in message
>>> First of all, I don't pretend this is a partisan thing. Clearly
>>> politicians have a soft spot for money.
>>>
>>> How can one tell that Hillary is actually going to give that money to
>>> donors? Can't a politician say they are donating the money, after
>>> finding out its from a bad dude, and not actually give it away?
>>>
>>> Who follows the money on that?
>>>

>> Good question, I dunno. Sure would be interesting to know the answer
>> though.
>
> The Campaign Finance Committee monitors all contribution related funds.

Why is it they missed this one? Seems most scandles are uncovered by
independent rather than government sources You would think that either
party would do at least a cursory background check of someone who quickly
comes on big on the scene.

> --
> "A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong
> enough to take away everything you have."
>
> Thomas Jefferson

Scruffy McScruffovitch

In News ZolCi.955$4J3.875@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net,, The Cunning Linguist
at thinhthi@pacbell.net, typed this:

> "Scruffy McScruffovitch" <Scruffy_1@FAM.NET> wrote in message
>> In News 46d9c689$0$32485$4c368faf@roadrunner.com,, Jerry Okamura at
>> okamuraj005@hawaii.rr.com, typed this:
>>
>>> "GoMavs" <Mavz@Mavericks.com> wrote in message

>>> Good question, I dunno. Sure would be interesting to know the
>>> answer though.
>>
>> The Campaign Finance Committee monitors all contribution related
>> funds.
>
> Why is it they missed this one?

Did they?

> Seems most scandles are uncovered by
> independent rather than government sources

Why is it a scandal?

> You would think that
> either party would do at least a cursory background check of someone
> who quickly comes on big on the scene.

--
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong
enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Jerry Okamura

"Scruffy McScruffovitch" <Scruffy_1@FAM.NET> wrote in message
> In News 46d9c689$0$32485$4c368faf@roadrunner.com,, Jerry Okamura at
> okamuraj005@hawaii.rr.com, typed this:
>
>> "GoMavs" <Mavz@Mavericks.com> wrote in message
>>> First of all, I don't pretend this is a partisan thing. Clearly
>>> politicians have a soft spot for money.
>>>
>>> How can one tell that Hillary is actually going to give that money to
>>> donors? Can't a politician say they are donating the money, after
>>> finding out its from a bad dude, and not actually give it away?
>>>
>>> Who follows the money on that?
>>>

>> Good question, I dunno. Sure would be interesting to know the answer
>> though.
>
> The Campaign Finance Committee monitors all contribution related funds.

And when someone like Hilary says they are going to give the money to
charity, does the Campaign Finance Committee verify that fact? That she did
give that specific charity the money? And that the charity confirms
receiving that money? I don't know the answer, do you?

Scruffy McScruffovitch

In News 46db0547$0$6454$4c368faf@roadrunner.com,, Jerry Okamura at
okamuraj005@hawaii.rr.com, typed this:

> "Scruffy McScruffovitch" <Scruffy_1@FAM.NET> wrote in message
>> In News 46d9c689$0$32485$4c368faf@roadrunner.com,, Jerry Okamura at
>> okamuraj005@hawaii.rr.com, typed this:
>>
>>> "GoMavs" <Mavz@Mavericks.com> wrote in message

>>> Good question, I dunno. Sure would be interesting to know the
>>> answer though.
>>
>> The Campaign Finance Committee monitors all contribution related
>> funds.
> And when someone like Hilary says they are going to give the money to
> charity, does the Campaign Finance Committee verify that fact?

The Campaign Finance Committee monitors all contribution related
funds. Any funds going in, and coming out, no matter their source, or
destination.