webgen dependencies

David Alm

5/4/2007 12:13:00 AM

Hello,

Today I installed Ruby 1.8.6, then webgen (via gem install).

The gem install did not seem to detect that it needed the redcloth gem, so I
installed that.

But I still cannot get it to work (parse page files).

Any other gems it needs that are not in the one-click install?

Thanks,
Dave

1 Answer

Stefan Mahlitz

David Alm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I installed Ruby 1.8.6, then webgen (via gem install).
>
> The gem install did not seem to detect that it needed the redcloth gem, so I
> installed that.

Actually redcloth is not needed, webgen works without redcloth. You just
won't have textile support.

> But I still cannot get it to work (parse page files).
>
> Any other gems it needs that are not in the one-click install?

http://webgen.rubyforge.org/dow... states what optional packages
it supports.

If you issue

webgen check libs

on the cmd-line you will see what libs webgen detected.

Stefan