eclipse aptana and ruby integration.

music

5/3/2007 7:43:00 AM

Is there anyone using eclipse with ruby support?
Which plugin have you installed in eclipse to work with ruby?
6 Answers

Dmytro Shteflyuk

On May 3, 10:43 am, music <m...@musi.ca> wrote:
> Is there anyone using eclipse with ruby support?
> Which plugin have you installed in eclipse to work with ruby?

You could use RadRails to word with Ruby/Rails in Eclipse:
http://aptana.org/download_ra...

I'm using it for a long time and it has all features needed to the
rails developer.

music

Dmytro Shteflyuk wrote:
> On May 3, 10:43 am, music <m...@musi.ca> wrote:
>> Is there anyone using eclipse with ruby support?
>> Which plugin have you installed in eclipse to work with ruby?
>
> You could use RadRails to word with Ruby/Rails in Eclipse:
> http://aptana.org/download_ra...
>
> I'm using it for a long time and it has all features needed to the
> rails developer.

I've installed aptana for eclipse and then radrails for eclipse,
http://www.aptana.com/docs/index.php/Integrating_RadRails_w...,
but I don't have any rails perspective in my eclipse environment.
I'm using eclipse 3.2 in a linux debian system.

Dmytro Shteflyuk

On May 5, 1:30 pm, music <m...@musi.ca> wrote:
> I've installed aptana for eclipse and then radrails for eclipse,http://www.aptana.com/docs/index.php/Integrating_RadRails_w...,
> but I don't have any rails perspective in my eclipse environment.
> I'm using eclipse 3.2 in a linux debian system.

Are you sure you are looking for it in the right place? Window/Open
perspective/Other
I have used aptana in Ubuntu for a long time and have no problem with
it.

Michael Klishin

I suggest you try Eclipse DLTK for Ruby source files (you can install
them both but note that DLTK requires Eclipse 3.3 Mx.

DLTK for Ruby has the smartest completion around (way better than
NetBeans and current version of IDEA).

--
This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.

Chasing the beauty in programming:
www.ruby-lang.org | www.rubyonrails.org

music

Dmytro Shteflyuk wrote:
> On May 5, 1:30 pm, music <m...@musi.ca> wrote:
>> I've installed aptana for eclipse and then radrails for eclipse,http://www.aptana.com/docs/index.php/Integrating_RadRails_w...,
>> but I don't have any rails perspective in my eclipse environment.
>> I'm using eclipse 3.2 in a linux debian system.
>
> Are you sure you are looking for it in the right place? Window/Open
> perspective/Other
> I have used aptana in Ubuntu for a long time and have no problem with
> it.

Yes, in perspective/other I can open aptana perspective but there isn't
rails perspective.

music

Michael Klishin wrote:
> I suggest you try Eclipse DLTK for Ruby source files (you can install
> them both but note that DLTK requires Eclipse 3.3 Mx.

I'm using eclipse installed from debian packages.