Making executable =P

raelz

5/2/2007 10:17:00 PM

Ehm.. noob question though
I did not really understood the ruby2exe thingy, i tried things like
C:\Myhacks\EXE\rb2exe-0.2>rb2exe.exe ut.rb
C:\Myhacks\EXE\rb2exe-0.2>rb2exe.exe ut.rb w
C:\Myhacks\EXE\rb2exe-0.2>rb2exe.exe ut.rb [w] -rubyscript2exe-quiet
etc..
ok, i know im making a terrible mistake, but i just dont understand that

facts:
1. Im on windows
2. Script name is ut.rb
3. Script is in the rb2exe directory
4. It's a very simple script (almost like "hello world")

Thx guys, hopefully you wont flame me off the world :>

Harry Kakueki

On 5/3/07, raelz <djahn@xiotic.com> wrote:
> Ehm.. noob question though
> I did not really understood the ruby2exe thingy, i tried things like
> C:\Myhacks\EXE\rb2exe-0.2>rb2exe.exe ut.rb
> C:\Myhacks\EXE\rb2exe-0.2>rb2exe.exe ut.rb w
> C:\Myhacks\EXE\rb2exe-0.2>rb2exe.exe ut.rb [w] -rubyscript2exe-quiet
> etc..
> ok, i know im making a terrible mistake, but i just dont understand that
>
> facts:
> 1. Im on windows
> 2. Script name is ut.rb
> 3. Script is in the rb2exe directory
> 4. It's a very simple script (almost like "hello world")
>
> Thx guys, hopefully you wont flame me off the world :>

You want to make the exe?

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/...

In the directory containing ut.rb
Try this

ruby rubyscript2exe.rb ut.rb

Harry

--
http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...
A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English

raelz

Harry Kakueki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You want to make the exe?
>
> http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/...
>
> In the directory containing ut.rb
> Try this
>
> ruby rubyscript2exe.rb ut.rb
>
> Harry

but where to? :P

Harry Kakueki

On 5/3/07, Daniel Jahn <djahn@xiotic.com> wrote:
> Harry Kakueki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You want to make the exe?
> >
> > http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/...
> >
> > In the directory containing ut.rb
> > Try this
> >
> > ruby rubyscript2exe.rb ut.rb
> >
> > Harry
>
> but where to? :P

What?
Sorry, I do not understand your question.
I have not used this recently.
But if I remember correctly,

At the command line, go to your directory and input according to this.

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/...#3.1.0

You should see it working for a few seconds.

Your exe file will be in the same directory.

Harry

--
http://www.kakueki.com/ruby...
A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English

?Do?g?T

"Heinrich" <Heinrich@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote in message

> "partisan" <xxarag@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
>> On 15 June, 05:57, "Heinrich" <Heinr...@Ruhrgasnet.de> wrote:
>>> BERLIN - Basking in the glow of his spectacular election showing in last
>>> week's European Union (EU) vote, Geert Wilders, the head of the Dutch
>>> Freedom Party, told The Jerusalem Post in an exclusive interview on
>>> Friday
>>> that the EU is "one-sided and always against Israel," adding that
>>> "nothing
>>> will happen" if Israel "depends on the Europeans" to stop Iran's
>>> genocidal
>>> threats against the Jewish state.
>>>
>>> The Freedom Party campaigned on a platform for shifting more
>>> decision-making
>>> power away from Brussels, the headquarters of the European Parliament,
>>> and
>>> back to members of the 27 EU countries. The vote was on European
>>> representation within the EU Parliament in Brussels and showed that
>>> "people
>>> are not so interested in Europe."
>>> Wilders's Freedom Party garnered 17% of the vote, finishing second after
>>> the
>>> governing Christian Democratic Alliance of Prime Minister Jan Peter
>>> Balkenende, which tallied 19.9% of the vote.
>>>
>>> "The Netherlands is not against Europe," he said, but "we don't want a
>>> European super state."
>>>
>>> Terming the EU vote as a "referendum on the political state" in Holland,
>>> Wilders attributed the growing support for the Freedom Party as a call
>>> for
>>> prioritizing the domestic agenda. "Money should be spent in Holland" and
>>> not
>>> "subsidizing farmers in France and Poland," said Wilders.
>>>
>>> Asked about the EU's posture toward Israel and forcing the Islamic
>>> Republic
>>> of Iran to halt its nuclear weapons program, Wilders said the European
>>> Parliament has "always been biased against Israel." He said he regrets
>>> "that
>>> they (EU) have a foreign minister" and argued that the "European
> [...]
>>> conflict" was unfolding in the region. "It is not a territorial
>>> conflict.
>>> Please forget about this crazy concept." The Islamists "see Israel as a
>>> big
>>> settlement" and if Israel "gives Territory A," said Wilders, then the
>>> other
>>> side will ask for Territory B, "such as Haifa."
>>>
>>> Commenting on the Iranian election and Teheran's nuclear enrichment
>>> program,
>>> Wilders said it "does not matter who wins. The rhetoric at the end of
>>> the
>>> day is the same."
>>>
>>> Wilders, who has visited Iran several times, says the country has a
>>> "friendly, young public" but the "regime is terrible." The mullah regime
>>> "really believes Israel has no right to exist" and Iran's diplomats are
>>> "fooling us" in their purported efforts to negotiate a solution to the
>>> nuclear crisis, said Wilders.
>>>
>>> Referring to Europe's approach to clamping down on Iran's effort to
>>> attain
>>> nuclear capability, Wilders said, "Israel is more or less on its own."
>>> He
>>> termed US President Barack Obama's speech as a "talk of appeasement" and
>>> said that without a "strike back in some way" against the Iranian
>>> regime,
>>> then the international community "will pay a big price."
>>>
>>> Citing Iran's rapidly developing missile program - including the
>>> Shihab-3
>>> ballistic missile - Wilders warned that the rockets "cannot only reach
>>> Jerusalem but the whole world." Israel should be militarily supported if
>>> there is a showdown over Teheran's refusal to suspend its nuclear
>>> activities, he said.
>>>
>>> When asked about commentaries in the German media labeling the Freedom
>>> Party
>>> as "extreme right" - a term typically reserved for neo-Nazi parties in
>>> Germany - Wilders said that is "totally ridiculous" and an "insult to
>>> the
>>> the Dutch people" because the party is now the "biggest party in
>>> Holland"
>>> according to polls.
>>>
>>> The Freedom Party should be viewed within a liberal Dutch tradition, he
>>> said, noting that "we are not for cutting social welfare and are for
>>> more
>>> health care" and because of our "friendship for Israel, the extreme
>>> right
>>> demonstrates against us."
>>>
>>> He has been attacked as a "crazy blond Zionist," and has long been the
>>> target of death threats because of his criticism of political Islam,
>>> which
>>> prompted constant police protection for him. He rejects the
>>> "strengthening
>>> of blasphemy laws" that shield Muslim minority groups from "not being
>>> insulted." A lively, open democracy should absorb robust free speech

THE ABOVE "PROOFS" YOU DON'T.

Heinrich