Re: What is the best ruby on rails doc/guide/tutorial/book ?

Ewald Cress

Amen to adding David's book to your collection!
Between that, "Agile Web Development with Rails" and
the Pickaxe, you've got your Ruby and Rails bases
covered, with precious little redundancy between them.
I really value David's book for giving one a feel for
Ruby idioms *and* Rails idioms though. As a newbie to
both, it has given me that bit more confidence in
understanding the two overlapping cultures.

Ewald Cress

--- "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@cesmail.net>
wrote:

1 Answer

barjunk

On Apr 29, 12:53 pm, Ewald Cress <ewaldcr...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Amen to adding David's book to your collection!
> Between that, "Agile Web Development with Rails" and
> the Pickaxe, you've got your Ruby and Rails bases
> covered, with precious little redundancy between them.
> I really value David's book for giving one a feel for
> Ruby idioms *and* Rails idioms though. As a newbie to
> both, it has given me that bit more confidence in
> understanding the two overlapping cultures.
>
> Ewald Cress
>
> --- "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <z...@cesmail.net>
> wrote:

Being new to the community myself, I agree with these recommendations,
especially PickAxe and David Black's book.

Mike B.