What is the best ruby on rails doc/guide/tutorial/book ?

mrpink

after playing a bit with ruby I also wanna put my head into ruby on
rails. What is the best paper to learn from? What advice can you give me?

--
greets
(

one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a
dancing star
6 Answers

Mike Shock

Hi!
There're a lot of good books on Rails (http://www.rubyonrails...)
on paper and in PDF; the most popular probably are:
1. "Agile Web Development with Rails", 2nd ed. by Dave Thomas & David
Heinemeier Hansson (with Leon Breedt, Mike Clark, James Duncan Davidson,
Justin Gehtland, Andreas Schwarz) - Pragmatic Programmers, 2006. 715 p.
/ PDF, 6.6 MB
2. "Ruby on Rails: Up and Running" by Bruce A. Tate & Curt Hibbs -
O'Reilly, 2006. 184 p. / CHM, 1.13 MB / PDF, 2.7 MB

(1) is a classical comprehensive tutorial, (2) is very good for quick
start.
Some links to tutorials can be found at: http://www.rubyonrail...

Regards,
Mike Shock (Mikhail Shokhirev)
> Hi,
> after playing a bit with ruby I also wanna put my head into ruby on
> rails. What is the best paper to learn from? What advice can you give me?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

mirjam

On Jul 13, 9:14 am, Aviroce <dudaras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> WELL CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT.  IT IS JEWISH.  IT IS CAPITAL OF JEWS.  AL-
> QUDS WOULD BE CAPITAL OF PALESTINE.  THAT IS A GOOD SOLUTION.
>
> I DO NOT KNOW WHY "WHITE" IS ASSOCIATED WITH MAJOR LANDMARKS.  WE HAVE
> THE WHITE HOUSE, THE WHITE CITY (CASABLANKA), THE WHITE (ALBEIDA IN
> LIBYA).  WHY WHITE?  HOW ABOUT ORANGE?
>
> On Jul 12, 10:59 pm, mirjam <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote:
>
> >http://www.tel-aviv.gov.i...

UNESCO called it the white City with lots of Bauhaus buildings
Tel Aviv Is not a Capital of any place Jerushalayim is OUR Israeli
Capital !!!!!!
mirjam

Aviroce

On Jul 13, 3:57 am, mirjam <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 9:14 am, Aviroce <dudaras...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > WELL CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT.  IT IS JEWISH.  IT IS CAPITAL OF JEWS.  AL-
> > QUDS WOULD BE CAPITAL OF PALESTINE.  THAT IS A GOOD SOLUTION.
>
> > I DO NOT KNOW WHY "WHITE" IS ASSOCIATED WITH MAJOR LANDMARKS.  WE HAVE
> > THE WHITE HOUSE, THE WHITE CITY (CASABLANKA), THE WHITE (ALBEIDA IN
> > LIBYA).  WHY WHITE?  HOW ABOUT ORANGE?
>
> > On Jul 12, 10:59 pm, mirjam <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.tel-aviv.gov.i...
>
> UNESCO called it the white City with lots of Bauhaus buildings
> Tel Aviv Is not a Capital of any place Jerushalayim is OUR Israeli
> Capital !!!!!!
> mirjam

That will have to change.

Aviroce

We shall see what will happen. Live long enough to enjoy the outcome.

On Jul 15, 10:24 am, "Doug" <andxor...@gmail.invalid> wrote:
> "Aviroce" <dudaras...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 13, 3:57 am, mirjam <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 13, 9:14 am, Aviroce <dudaras...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > WELL CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT. IT IS JEWISH. IT IS CAPITAL OF JEWS. AL-
> > > QUDS WOULD BE CAPITAL OF PALESTINE. THAT IS A GOOD SOLUTION.
>
> > > I DO NOT KNOW WHY "WHITE" IS ASSOCIATED WITH MAJOR LANDMARKS. WE HAVE
> > > THE WHITE HOUSE, THE WHITE CITY (CASABLANKA), THE WHITE (ALBEIDA IN
> > > LIBYA). WHY WHITE? HOW ABOUT ORANGE?

> > UNESCO called it the white City with lots of Bauhaus buildings
> > Tel Aviv Is not a Capital of any place Jerushalayim is OUR Israeli
> > Capital !!!!!!
> > mirjam
>
> That will have to change.
>
> ***********************************
> Yes islamopig, anyone not accepting the holey prophet
> of pedophilia will have to "change" won't they?- Hide quoted text -

Aviroce

JEWS ARE REAL BASTARDS. THEY KEEP CHANGING THE SUBJECT, DISTRACTING
FROM ISSUES JUS TO HAVE STRONGER GRIP ON PALESTINE. BUT THE
PALESTINIANS ARE NOT GOING TO LET GO. I WOULD NEVER LET GO OF
PALESTINE FOR THE PLAESTINIANS UNTIL THE PALESTINIANS GET THEIR
LEGITIMATE RIGHTS EVEN IF IT MEANS ABSOLUE ANNIHILATION OF JEWS.

DOWN WITH ISRAEL. DOWN WITH ALL JEWS.
LONG LIVE PALESTINE. LONG LIVE THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE. PALESTINIANS
ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE ENTITLED TO LIVE IN PALESTINE WHERE ISRAEL IS AND
WHERE THERE ARE NO ISRAELIS IN ISRAEL ONLY JEWS, ARABS AND OTHERS
DEPENDING ON RELIGION, RACIAL ORIGIN AND DNA.

JEWS MAY GO TO HELL.