Re: How do i get involved in ruby core?

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: How do i get involved in ruby core?"
on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:25:19 +0900, "Jano Svitok" <jan.svitok@gmail.com> writes:

|> I'd like to get involved in the development of ruby core, especially
|> with ruby 1.9 aka YARV coming out late this year.
|> Could anyone point me in the right direction?

|1. subscribe to ruby-core
|2. the bugtracker is at http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?gr...
|3. commit rights come later ;-)

Yes, we are open for ideas, suggestions, bug reports and bug-fix
patches on ruby-core. If you bother us enough with number of _right_
patches, we would give you commit right.

matz.

1 Answer

chris.hulbert

> |1. subscribe to ruby-core
> |2. the bugtracker is athttp://rubyforge.org/tracker/?gr...
> |3. commit rights come later ;-)
>
> Yes, we are open for ideas, suggestions, bug reports and bug-fix
> patches on ruby-core. If you bother us enough with number of _right_
> patches, we would give you commit right.

Cheers - i'll subscribe to ruby core then.
I had a look at the bug tracker - it only had a handful of issues for
the 1.9.x group - am i looking at it right?
And of course you're right about the commit rights - thats exactly
what i'd expect.

Chris