How do i get involved in ruby core?

chris.hulbert

4/26/2007 12:17:00 PM

Hi all,

I'd like to get involved in the development of ruby core, especially
with ruby 1.9 aka YARV coming out late this year.
Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I guess I'd be most interested in fixing small bugs to begin with, and
working up from there. I'm assuming there's a bug tracker with a list
of outstanding things to fix?

I had a look at http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/..., but
i thought i'd ask here to see if i could get a bit more info too.

Cheers - Chris Hulbert

1 Answer

Jano Svitok

On 4/26/07, chris.hulbert@gmail.com <chris.hulbert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to get involved in the development of ruby core, especially
> with ruby 1.9 aka YARV coming out late this year.
> Could anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> I guess I'd be most interested in fixing small bugs to begin with, and
> working up from there. I'm assuming there's a bug tracker with a list
> of outstanding things to fix?
>
> I had a look at http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/..., but
> i thought i'd ask here to see if i could get a bit more info too.
>
> Cheers - Chris Hulbert

1. subscribe to ruby-core
2. the bugtracker is at http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?gr...
3. commit rights come later ;-)