Re: Using file tail with block

Doan, Alex

4/19/2007 1:36:00 PM

Thanks Frank,
This is my time using mailing group so I'm pretty new to how thing work.
I'll create a new thread/send email to the creator next time.

Thanks Again for the reply.

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Frank [mailto:flori@nixe.ping.de]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:14 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Using file tail with block

Hi,

Doan, Alex wrote:
> Can someone explain to me why the following raise an error? (is this
> something with File::Tail::Logfile.open not closing the file upon
> exit?)

Yes. Check out version 1.0.1 of File::Tail, where it is fixed. (Though
it may take some time to propagate the gem to the rubygems mirrors.)

BTW.: You're lucky, that I have found your email here, if one considers
that you didn't send it to me, and you reply-hijacked someone else's
thread in order to write to ruby-talk.

--
Florian Frank