ruby scripting on microsoft active directory plus exchange

Peña, Botp

4/19/2007 1:58:00 AM

Hi All,

Just want to ask anyone in this list doing ruby scripting on active directory plus exchange server. Basically i want to query all ad users who have mailboxes and for each mailbox also display all the other users who may have rights to access it too [*]. Pls pardon my ignorance on msoft scripting.

Many thanks in advance.
kind regards -botp

[*] it is amazing that to manage a million bucks proprietary system, i'd have to use a system as so free as ruby. surely ruby must be worth like "ruby", a gem indeed.

1 Answer

brabuhr

On 4/19/07, Francis Cianfrocca <garbagecat10@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's another thing I and some others have been working on for some years
> now: a network-service that would provide fine-grained authorization to any
> application (including Rails of course) through the XACML protocol. The goal
> would be to permit access-control policies to be defined *in isolation* from
> specific applications, and managed centrally. We'd like to release this as
> an open-source project, probably as part of the Net::XACML project on
> Ruyforge. Anyone interested?

That's awesome. At work I am just starting on an XACML project. I am
certainly interested in taking your code for a spin when it's published :-)