Re: Could Ruby be a good Erlang-like?

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Could Ruby be a good Erlang-like?"
on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:36:20 +0900, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@cesmail.net> writes:

|So yes, it's a good idea. But if you need Erlang now, use Erlang now.

Agreed. It might be a subject for the research project. For your
information, here's the Erlang-like Scheme. <http://tou...

matz.

1 Answer

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Could Ruby be a good Erlang-like?"
> on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:36:20 +0900, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@cesmail.net> writes:
>
> |So yes, it's a good idea. But if you need Erlang now, use Erlang now.
>
> Agreed. It might be a subject for the research project. For your
> information, here's the Erlang-like Scheme. <http://tou...
>
> matz.

That's Termite, right? The Gambit Scheme add-on? Quite frankly, I think
they did a better job than Erlang. :) Sockets aren't going away. System
V IPC isn't going away. Threads aren't going away. dRB and Rinda aren't
going away. Monitors aren't going away. And I don't see the need to
re-invent the OS in every language -- just the parts Windows got wrong. :)

http://borasky-res...