New to ruby - extended NArray library install

AltoMajo

4/18/2007 6:54:00 AM

Hi there,

I am new to Ruby. I have been struggling to install the "NArray" library
for large matrix manipulation in Ruby
(http://narray.rubyforge.org/ind...) but I can't get it to work.
I am running Mac OS 10.4.9. There seems to be no gem for this library
and I don't know how to handle the install otherwise.
Could anyone help by describing what would be the typical installation
process ?
Thanks a lot,

AltoMajo

Phillip Gawlowski

AltoMajo wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am new to Ruby. I have been struggling to install the "NArray" library
> for large matrix manipulation in Ruby
> (http://narray.rubyforge.org/ind...) but I can't get it to work.
> I am running Mac OS 10.4.9. There seems to be no gem for this library
> and I don't know how to handle the install otherwise.
> Could anyone help by describing what would be the typical installation
> process ?
> Thanks a lot,

Download source archive, read README, follow the instructions. If it
exists, read INSTALL.

--
Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
http://cynicalryan....

Rule of Open-Source Programming #9:

Give me refactoring or give me death!

AltoMajo

Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
> AltoMajo wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am new to Ruby. I have been struggling to install the "NArray" library
>> for large matrix manipulation in Ruby
>> (http://narray.rubyforge.org/ind...) but I can't get it to work.
>> I am running Mac OS 10.4.9. There seems to be no gem for this library
>> and I don't know how to handle the install otherwise.
>> Could anyone help by describing what would be the typical installation
>> process ?
>> Thanks a lot,
>
> Download source archive, read README, follow the instructions. If it
> exists, read INSTALL.
>
> --
> Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
> http://cynicalryan....