Re: Ruby-1.8.5 has been ported to Bluegene/L

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Ruby-1.8.5 has been ported to Bluegene/L"
on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 01:20:29 +0900, Chad Brewbaker <crb002@iastate.edu> writes:

|I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
|rack. More details http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00.... Enjoy.

Have you made any modify for Bluegene/L? If you have, we can merge it
to the repository.

matz.

1 Answer

Chad Brewbaker

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Ruby-1.8.5 has been ported to Bluegene/L"
> on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 01:20:29 +0900, Chad Brewbaker
> <crb002@iastate.edu> writes:
>
> |I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
> |rack. More details http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00.... Enjoy.
>
> Have you made any modify for Bluegene/L? If you have, we can merge it
> to the repository.
>
> matz.

I had to hack the configure file to overcome cross-compile issues and
solve some Bluegene specific linker problems. Other than that nothing
was touched. I'm in the middle of writing a script for BGL compiles and
I'll post it ASAP.

Thanks for making sure Ruby still runs green threads! The Bluegene
compute node kernel only allows one process.