NMEA (GPS protocol) parser

???? ??????

4/11/2007 9:43:00 PM

I want to introduce parser for NMEA protocol, which is used by GPS
devices to tell geographic coordinates.

Gem is called nmea, available at www.rubyforge.org/projects/nmea.
SVN repository is accessible at http://svn.maxidoors.ru...

Currently are supported sentences RMC, GLL, GSA ,GGA, GSV, VTG, PSRFTXT.
Ragel (http://www.cs.queensu.ca/~thurs...) is used to parse NMEA.

Eleanor McHugh

On 11 Apr 2007, at 22:43, Max Lapshin wrote:
> I want to introduce parser for NMEA protocol, which is used by GPS
> devices to tell geographic coordinates.
>
> Gem is called nmea, available at www.rubyforge.org/projects/nmea.
> SVN repository is accessible at http://svn.maxidoors.ru...
>
> Currently are supported sentences RMC, GLL, GSA ,GGA, GSV, VTG,
> PSRFTXT.
> Ragel (http://www.cs.queensu.ca/~thurs...) is used to parse
> NMEA.

That brings back some memories. My very first programming job was
parsing NMEA in PIC assembler :)

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
----

???? ??????

Eleanor McHugh wrote:

> That brings back some memories. My very first programming job was
> parsing NMEA in PIC assembler :)

Yes, but here were no ruby extension for you code in PIC assembler =)

Eleanor McHugh

On 11 Apr 2007, at 23:34, Max Lapshin wrote:
> Eleanor McHugh wrote:
>> That brings back some memories. My very first programming job was
>> parsing NMEA in PIC assembler :)
>
> Yes, but here were no ruby extension for you code in PIC assembler =)

Ruby for embedded processors... now there's a cool idea ;p

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
----

???? ??????

Eleanor McHugh wrote:

> Ruby for embedded processors... now there's a cool idea ;p

As soon, as they will be 2.0 GHz with 1Gb ram onboard, small as one coin

Eleanor McHugh

On 11 Apr 2007, at 23:57, Max Lapshin wrote:
> Eleanor McHugh wrote:
>> Ruby for embedded processors... now there's a cool idea ;p
>
> As soon, as they will be 2.0 GHz with 1Gb ram onboard, small as one
> coin

Oh no, embedded bloatware!
lol

Mind you, anyone who's played with WinCE already knows what that's
like...

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains