Ruby-1.8.5 has been ported to Bluegene/L

Chad Brewbaker

4/11/2007 4:20:00 PM

I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
rack. More details <a
href="http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb002/cnr.html">here.... Enjoy.

Chad Brewbaker

Chad Brewbaker wrote:
> I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
> rack. More details <a
> href="http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...">here.... Enjoy.
Apparently the forum doesn't like HTML so here is a clean link:

http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...

Tim Pease

On 4/11/07, Chad Brewbaker <crb002@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chad Brewbaker wrote:
> > I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
> > rack. More details <a
> > href="http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...">here.... Enjoy.
> Apparently the forum doesn't like HTML so here is a clean link:
>
> http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...

Do the rubicon tests pass?

Oh, and could you give me an account on the machine with SSH access so
I can "help out" with the development ;)

Blessings,
TwP

Chad Brewbaker

Tim Pease wrote:
> On 4/11/07, Chad Brewbaker <crb002@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Chad Brewbaker wrote:
>> > I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
>> > rack. More details <a
>> > href="http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...">here.... Enjoy.
>> Apparently the forum doesn't like HTML so here is a clean link:
>>
>> http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...
>>

> Do the rubicon tests pass?

I belive rubicon requires more cross-compiling of which I don't care to
tackle right now.

If you wanted to give me some ruby scripts for testing I would be happy
to run them for you.

> Oh, and could you give me an account on the machine with SSH access so
> I can "help out" with the development ;)

Haha. You wish ;)

> Blessings,
> TwP

Chad Brewbaker

Tim Pease wrote:
> On 4/11/07, Chad Brewbaker <crb002@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Chad Brewbaker wrote:
>> > I finally got Ruby-1.8.5 running on the compute nodes of our Bluegene/L
>> > rack. More details <a
>> > href="http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...">here.... Enjoy.
>> Apparently the forum doesn't like HTML so here is a clean link:
>>
>> http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb00...
>>

> Do the rubicon tests pass?
>
> Oh, and could you give me an account on the machine with SSH access so
> I can "help out" with the development ;)
>
> Blessings,
> TwP

I just ran the ruby-1.8.5/samples/test.rb script. Output after running
it for a maximum of 5 minutes is at:
http://www.ece.iastate.edu/~crb002/t...

It seem to pass many of the tests.

Chad Brewbaker