Marc Soda

4/7/2007 4:00:00 AM

Seemly stupid question, can anyone tell me what class the method recv
is defined? I can't find it anywhere (although I haven't looked
through the core source yet). Could it be an alias?

Thanks,
Marc

1 Answer

Patrick Hurley

On 4/7/07, Marc Soda <marcantoniosr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seemly stupid question, can anyone tell me what class the method recv
> is defined? I can't find it anywhere (although I haven't looked
> through the core source yet). Could it be an alias?

It is hiding in the socket.c (ext/socket/socket.c in a ruby source
distribution) and not well documented in ri (it is however in the
pickaxe). It is defined as a method in BasicSocket. Hope that helps.

pth