Having Problem Installing RMagick

Michael Satterwhite

4/6/2007 9:58:00 PM

I'm trying to install RMagick on Kubuntu Dapper using Rubygems. My
installation is failing with the following error message:

configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find Magick-config or
GraphicsMagick-config program.

ERROR: While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
/usr//lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.5 for inspection.

Results logged to
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.5/gem_make.out

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.5/gem_make.out is an empty
file.

My guess is that there's something I need to install, but I haven't the
foggiest what package. I've browsed through Synaptic, but I don't see an
obvious development package I've missed.

Could someone offer me a little help here?

Thanks in advance
---Michael

Stefano Crocco

Alle venerdì 6 aprile 2007, Michael Satterwhite ha scritto:
> I'm trying to install RMagick on Kubuntu Dapper using Rubygems. My
> installation is failing with the following error message:
>
> configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find Magick-config or
> GraphicsMagick-config program.
>
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
> ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
> Gem files will remain installed in
> /usr//lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.5 for inspection.
>

> Results logged to
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.5/gem_make.out

> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.5/gem_make.out is an empty
> file.
>
> My guess is that there's something I need to install, but I haven't the
> foggiest what package. I've browsed through Synaptic, but I don't see an
> obvious development package I've missed.
>
> Could someone offer me a little help here?
>
> Thanks in advance
> ---Michael

The first line of the error message tells that the installation script wasn't
able to find one of the two programs Magick-config or GraphicsMagick-config.
Going to the Ubuntu packages site (http://packages.u...) and entering
that name in the search contents of packages field, you'll find that the
package you need is called libmagick9-dev (note: I don't use
Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu, so I can't test my suggestion.)

I hope this helps

Stefano

Tim Hunter

Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> I'm trying to install RMagick on Kubuntu Dapper using Rubygems. My
> installation is failing with the following error message:
>
> configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find Magick-config or
> GraphicsMagick-config program.

Google "rmagick kubuntu install" gets me this hit. I notice it was last
updated on 2/27/2006.

http://blog.inlet-media.de/rmagick-does-not-play-well...

Anonymous Coward

"Hermann" <Herman@sheise.net> wrote in message

> Why are taxpayers funding a Holocaust Museum in the first place? The
> entire world lost Many many more millions of souls then the Jews did.
> Why do we have an expensive taxpayer owned building going to wast on such
> crap? 70 Guards are employed there? God Grief! We need to clean that
> building out and set it up to feed and shelter the Homeless. We did not do
> the Holocaust and I for one am damned tired of the American taxpayer
> footing the bill for it. While you are chewing on this subject ..
> How about sending a sizable donation to the family of that murdered Black
> officer that died doing his every day job? Could it be the time has come
> for you to decide which country gets your allegiance?

Something like 30 pct of the people in the American media are of jewish
background, and they have a very effective lobbying system.

THAT's why the US politicians are afraid of them, and why we back a country
based on an ethnic religion, largely against US interests.

Hines and his brainless right -wing ilk think a jewish leftist media
conspiracy sabotaged them in the past.

The republicans want them inside their dysfunctional, hole ridden, damp
rotting tent, propagandizing FOR them.

Embracing the Tim LaHaye rapture fantasy and mingling christian and jewish
theologies are murky efforts to effect that.

Any Jew with any common sense should have all his warning lights go on about
this.
The American Protestant right is unbleievably stupid and conspiracy minded.
Where might it lurch in the decades ahead when the Rapture doesn't happen?
Who might be their imagined culprit?
It certainly won't be jebus.

kmcvay

In article <79guu6F1peq7iU1@mid.individual.net>,
Hermann <Herman@sheise.net> wrote:

>Why are taxpayers funding a Holocaust Museum in the first place? The

Actually, the taxpayers only fund a piece of the
museum. The rest of its funding comes from public
donations.

Folks do this because people like you still exist.

You're welcome.

--
"Hey Kenneth there are people dying now that never did dye before."
(Kurt Knoll, Kitimat's Leading Revisionist Scholar and Reigning

kmcvay

In article <R-OdnW4OBZKhXK7XnZ2dnUVZ_vGdnZ2d@earthlink.com>,
J Antero <abc@xyz.com> wrote:

[...]

>Something like 30 pct of the people in the American media are of jewish
>background, and they have a very effective lobbying system.

Bullshit. Cite the source of your, er, data.

--
"I am not stressed out since I can analyze
your holohoax in my urine." (Kurt Knoll,

Anonymous Coward

"Kenneth McVay OBC" <kmcvay@shell.vex.net> wrote in message
> In article <R-OdnW4OBZKhXK7XnZ2dnUVZ_vGdnZ2d@earthlink.com>,
> J Antero <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>Something like 30 pct of the people in the American media are of jewish
>>background, and they have a very effective lobbying system.
>

> Bullshit. Cite the source of your, er, data.

For one thing, fool, anyone who watches US media knows there is a heavy
weighting of jewish named reporters and commentators.

If I remember right, in the late 1980's, a (Jewish?) author wrote a book on
a study he did on the US media and came up with around 30 pct weighting of
prominent people in the field. That's where my reference to "30 pct" comes
from.

Seymour Lipset and Earl Raab, pointed out in their 1995 book, "Jews and the
New American Scene":
"During the last three decades Jews [in the United States] have made up 50
percent of the top two hundred intellectuals ... 20 percent of professors at
the leading universities ... 40 percent of partners in the leading law firms
in New York and Washington ... 59 percent of the directors, writers and
producers of the 50 top-grossing motion pictures from 1965 to 1982, and 58
percent of directors, writers and producers in two or more primetime
television series."

The influence of American Jewry in Washington, notes the Israeli daily
Jerusalem Post, is "far disproportionate to the size of the community,
Jewish leaders and U.S. officials acknowledge. But so is the amount of money
they contribute to [election] campaigns." One member of the influential
Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations "estimated
Jews alone had contributed 50 percent of the funds for [President Bill]
Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign."

"It makes no sense at all to try to deny the reality of Jewish power and
prominence in popular culture," acknowledges Michael Medved, a well-known
Jewish author and film critic. "Any list of the most influential production
executives at each of the major movie studios will produce a heavy majority
of recognizably Jewish names."

One person who has carefully studied this subject is Jonathan J. Goldberg,
now Editor of the influential Jewish community weekly Forward. In his 1996
book, Jewish Power, he wrote: "In a few key sectors of the media, notably
among Hollywood studio executives, Jews are so numerically dominant that
calling these businesses Jewish-controlled is little more than a statistical
observation ...

Fred J. McCall

"J Antero" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
:
:Something like 30 pct of the people in the American media are of jewish
:background, and they have a very effective lobbying system.
:

Cite? My bullshit detector just let its smoke out.

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
soul with evil."

Anonymous Coward

"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "J Antero" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
> :
> :Something like 30 pct of the people in the American media are of jewish
> :background, and they have a very effective lobbying system.
> :
>
> Cite? My bullshit detector just let its smoke out.

I dealt with it in another post, stupid.

Fred J. McCall

"J Antero" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
:news:pu6835ha8gqug13oc3n8ho35bfg0e55l7r@4ax.com...
:> "J Antero" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
:> :
:> :Something like 30 pct of the people in the American media are of jewish
:> :background, and they have a very effective lobbying system.
:> :
:>
:> Cite? My bullshit detector just let its smoke out.
:
:I dealt with it in another post, stupid.
:

Yeah, and not a single cite did you give, liar.

Cite?

--

> "J Antero" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
>
> :
> :"Fred J. McCall" <fjmccall@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :news:pu6835ha8gqug13oc3n8ho35bfg0e55l7r@4ax.com...
> :> "J Antero" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:
> :> :
> :> :Something like 30 pct of the people in the American media are of
> jewish
> :> :background, and they have a very effective lobbying system.
> :> :
> :>
> :> Cite? My bullshit detector just let its smoke out.
> :
> :I dealt with it in another post, stupid.
> :
>

> Yeah, and not a single cite did you give, liar.
>
> Cite?

It has several cites, you stupid ass.

Now fuck off, cockroach.