Re: [Painfully OT] A python question...

ramalho@gmail.com

4/6/2007 6:41:00 PM

Hello, I happen to enjoy Python and Ruby.

Importing modules from zip files was proposed in PEP-273 [1]

Here is how the spec of PEP-273 begins:

'''
Currently, sys.path is a list of directory names as strings. If this
PEP is implemented, an item of sys.path can be a string naming a zip
file archive.
'''

My interpretation of the above is that, to be importable, a zip file
must be explicitly named in sys.path, so the mere fact that a zip file
lies somewhere in a directory which is part of the sys.path does not
make it importable.

Cheers,

Luciano

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps...

3 Answers

Kevin Cunningham

On Apr 21, 12:04 pm, The PHANTOM <hoofhearte...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 10:59 am, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 21, 10:40 am, Tracey12 <tracey12em...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > If you're GE, your profits are up 77 percent, and yet CONGRESS gave
> > > you tax breaks so that you didn't have to pay any.
>
> > > If you're a member of the Obama admin, you may not have paid taxes for
> > > years and you may CYA by saying you didn't understand how to use your
> > > tax program.
>
> > > So, it appears that taxes are really just for us little people who are
> > > not properly connected.
>
> > Yeah, back in the good 'ole repug days it was sooooo much simpler,
> > just don't pay taxes, run up huge deficits and sell our debt to the
> > Chinese!
>
> > Repugs ran up the biggest national debt in history.  They did it in
> > every year.  They did it after Clinton had balanced budgets....for
> > years.
>
> > What happened to the repugs stated goal of having a new health care
> > bill?  After three months there is nothing, just the old fave's like
> > banning abortion.
>
> How's that HOPEY?CHANGEY thing working for you Lil' Kevie?? Aren't you
> gonna call someone a racist and a coward yet??

How could I call the right wing racists or cowards???

Well, honest.

You, the right wing, started the Iraq war for no known reason but none
of you ever served in that abortion of a war or in any other. And you
are racist. You support the birthers, you are a racist.

Simple as that.

Tracey12

On Apr 21, 11:53 am, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 12:04 pm, The PHANTOM <hoofhearte...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Yeah, back in the good 'ole repug days it was sooooo much simpler,
> > > just don't pay taxes, run up huge deficits and sell our debt to the
> > > Chinese!
>
> > > Repugs ran up the biggest national debt in history.  They did it in
> > > every year.  They did it after Clinton had balanced budgets....for
> > > years.
>
> > > What happened to the repugs stated goal of having a new health care
> > > bill?  After three months there is nothing, just the old fave's like
> > > banning abortion.
>
> > How's that HOPEY?CHANGEY thing working for you Lil' Kevie?? Aren't you
> > gonna call someone a racist and a coward yet??
>
> How could I call the right wing racists or cowards???
>
> Well, honest.
>
> You, the right wing, started the Iraq war for no known reason but none
> of you ever served in that abortion of a war or in any other.  And you
> are racist.  You support the birthers, you are a racist.
>
> Simple as that.

If GW didn't produce his birth certificate, would that make you commie
democrats racists?

BR549

On Apr 21, 11:53 am, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 12:04 pm, The PHANTOM <hoofhearte...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Yeah, back in the good 'ole repug days it was sooooo much simpler,
> > > just don't pay taxes, run up huge deficits and sell our debt to the
> > > Chinese!
>
> > > Repugs ran up the biggest national debt in history.  They did it in
> > > every year.  They did it after Clinton had balanced budgets....for
> > > years.
>
> > > What happened to the repugs stated goal of having a new health care
> > > bill?  After three months there is nothing, just the old fave's like
> > > banning abortion.
>
> > How's that HOPEY?CHANGEY thing working for you Lil' Kevie?? Aren't you
> > gonna call someone a racist and a coward yet??
>
> How could I call the right wing racists or cowards???
>
> Well, honest.
>
> You, the right wing, started the Iraq war for no known reason but none
> of you ever served in that abortion of a war or in any other.  And you
> are racist.  You support the birthers, you are a racist.
>
> Simple as that.- Hide quoted text -

You hate Bush. Is it because he's white,you're black AND a racist lil'
fat Kevie?? You simple minded,leftwing partisan hack.