Re: Help building Ruby 1.9 on Windows

Jeff

4/6/2007 2:41:00 PM

On Apr 5, 3:59 pm, "Justin Bailey" <jgbai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Professional, and I am only building 1.9 to test a very small portion of it
> (some recent changes to Net::HTTP). Therefore, I don't think binary
> compatibility with extensions matters much. I've heard that is a problem
> between the various compilers.

I haven't had a chance to try to build from source, but I do know that
you can get 1.9 nightly binaries for Windows from http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/....
Maybe that will suffice? Or do you mean that you need to modify the
source yourself?

Jeff

2 Answers

WoNáDo

Jeff schrieb:
> I haven't had a chance to try to build from source, but I do know that
> you can get 1.9 nightly binaries for Windows from http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/....

Where are "nightly binaries for Windows"? The only binary for Windows is
"ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/binaries/mswin32/ruby-1.9.0-20060415-i386-mswin32...,
which is an old one.

Wolfgang Nádasi-Donner

Jeff

On Apr 6, 9:55 am, Wolfgang Nádasi-Donner <won...@donnerweb.de> wrote:
> Where are "nightly binaries for Windows"? The only binary for Windows is
> "ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/binaries/mswin32/ruby-1.9.0-2006041...,
> which is an old one.
>
> Wolfgang Nádasi-Donner

Sorry, you're right, I guess I misunderstood their definition of
"development" build.

Jeff