Installing ruby on a windows XP computer

Erik Steuten

4/5/2007 5:24:00 PM

Dear Ruby Users

I have been installing Ruby on my windows XP laptop. I just started working
in Chris Pine's book. I get into trouble using the command 'gets' . The
dos-window (as I call it) doesn't seem to want to disappear?

Can anybody help me here?

Erik Steuten

1 Answer

Phillip Gawlowski

Erik Steuten wrote:
> Dear Ruby Users
>
> I have been installing Ruby on my windows XP laptop. I just started working
> in Chris Pine's book. I get into trouble using the command 'gets' . The
> dos-window (as I call it) doesn't seem to want to disappear?
>
> Can anybody help me here?

Could you rephrase your question?

A little guide how to ask questions the smart way can be found here:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-ques...

My guess is: You are using ruby.exe to launch your scripts. Try using
rubyw.exe.

--
Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
http://cynicalryan....

Rule of Open-Source Programming #13:

Your first release can always be improved upon.