problem with Win32/service

Miika Parvio

4/5/2007 4:44:00 AM

Hello!

I have a Ruby On Rails application (Mongrel web server), which I have
compiled to windows XP service. Everything works fine, but when I logout
from Windows, the service is shut down. Why? If I boot my computer I
have noticed that my service is started correctly. (because it is web
server, I have been able to test it). So, the problem is windows logout
operation. What should I do? How should I define my service by using
win32-Service that my service won't shut down during logout?

Miika
2 Answers

Alex Young

Miika Parvio wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a Ruby On Rails application (Mongrel web server), which I have
> compiled to windows XP service. Everything works fine, but when I logout
> from Windows, the service is shut down. Why? If I boot my computer I
> have noticed that my service is started correctly. (because it is web
> server, I have been able to test it). So, the problem is windows logout
> operation. What should I do? How should I define my service by using
> win32-Service that my service won't shut down during logout?

This is a little out of my sphere of knowledge, but might it have
something to do with the user that the service runs as?

--
Alex

Miika Parvio

Alex Young kirjoitti:

> This is a little out of my sphere of knowledge, but might it have
> something to do with the user that the service runs as?

User of service is LocalSystem, so I think that running privileges
should be correctly set.