pass parameters on a redirct

JoeyP

4/3/2007 6:02:00 PM

The client presses a submit button.

The path goes to a .cgi script that gathers the form params.

How can I pass those parameter onto another page?

EX.
#!/usr/bin/ruby
# *-ruby-*-
require 'cgi'
cgi = CGI.new

def redirect( new_page )
print "Location:#{new_page}\n\n"
end

all_params = cgi.params

if ( !all_params.include? 'select')
redirect('selectPage.rhtml')
else
redirect('genPage.rhtml')
end

How do I pass 'all_params' to page I'm redirecting to?

Thanks

5 Answers

Vlad Ciubotariu

You must save them in the user's session. Rails has this it's called the
flash, temporary storage between two pages.

I were you I would really consider ruby on rails for web programming, it's
not a steep learning curve and you solve your problems with much fewer
lines of code.

vlad

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:01:47 -0700, JoeyP wrote:

> The client presses a submit button.
>
> The path goes to a .cgi script that gathers the form params.
>
> How can I pass those parameter onto another page?
>
> EX.
> #!/usr/bin/ruby
> # *-ruby-*-
> require 'cgi'
> cgi = CGI.new
>
> def redirect( new_page )
> print "Location:#{new_page}\n\n"
> end
>
> all_params = cgi.params
>

> if ( !all_params.include? 'select')
> redirect('selectPage.rhtml')
> else
> redirect('genPage.rhtml')
> end
>
> How do I pass 'all_params' to page I'm redirecting to?
>
> Thanks

JoeyP

On Apr 3, 2:19 pm, Vlad Ciubotariu <vcciu...@uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> You must save them in the user's session. Rails has this it's called the
> flash, temporary storage between two pages.
>
> I were you I would really consider ruby on rails for web programming, it's
> not a steep learning curve and you solve your problems with much fewer
> lines of code.
>
> vlad
>

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:01:47 -0700, JoeyP wrote:
> > The client presses a submit button.
>
> > The path goes to a .cgi script that gathers the form params.
>
> > How can I pass those parameter onto another page?
>
> > EX.
> > #!/usr/bin/ruby
> > # *-ruby-*-
> > require 'cgi'
> > cgi = CGI.new
>
> > def redirect( new_page )
> > print "Location:#{new_page}\n\n"
> > end
>
> > all_params = cgi.params
>
> > if ( !all_params.include? 'select')
> > redirect('selectPage.rhtml')
> > else
> > redirect('genPage.rhtml')
> > end
>
> > How do I pass 'all_params' to page I'm redirecting to?
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a bunch. I thought that that was what I was looking at.

Ara.T.Howard

JoeyP

On Apr 3, 2:41 pm, ara.t.how...@noaa.gov wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, JoeyP wrote:
> > The client presses a submit button.
>
> > The path goes to a .cgi script that gathers the form params.
>
> > How can I pass those parameter onto another page?
>
> > EX.
> > #!/usr/bin/ruby
> > # *-ruby-*-
> > require 'cgi'
> > cgi = CGI.new
>
> > def redirect( new_page )
> > print "Location:#{new_page}\n\n"
> > end
>
> > all_params = cgi.params
>
> > if ( !all_params.include? 'select')
> > redirect('selectPage.rhtml')
> > else
> > redirect('genPage.rhtml')
> > end
>
> > How do I pass 'all_params' to page I'm redirecting to?
>
> > Thanks
>
> harp:~ > cat a.rb
> require 'cgi'
>
> class Hash
> def query
> map{|k,v| [CGI.escape(k), CGI.escape(v)].join('=')}.join('&')
>
> cgi = CGI.new
>
> def redirect( new_page , params)
> print "Location:#{ new_page }?#{ params.query }\n\n"
> end
>
> if ( !all_params.include? 'select')
> redirect('selectPage.rhtml', cgi.params)
> else
> redirect('genPage.rhtml', cgi.params)
> end
>
> -a
> --
> be kind whenever possible... it is always possible.
> - the dalai lama- Hide quoted text -

I'm not familiar with 'harp:~ > cat a.rb '
can you expand?

Thanks

Ara.T.Howard