nested hash / openstruct question

Pugal P

4/2/2007 12:56:00 AM

Hello,
I am a newbie to Ruby. I am having trouble reading the entries from
nested yaml configuration file. Any help would be highly appreciated.

YAML configuration file:
---
AppName: Record Center
DEV:
- user: test
webServers:
webserver1: wserver1
webserver2: wserver2
appServers:
appserver1: aserver3
appserver2: aserver4
password: blah
QA:
- user: test
webServers:
webserver1: wserver11
webserver2: wserver22
appServers:
appserver1: aserver33
appserver2: aserver44
password: blah

My code uses hash to openstruct code
(http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2006/11/17/hashes_t...).
Things work fine when I read the AppName. When I try to read the user /
password or webServers or appServers entry... I am getting the following
exception.

Pugal P

Sorry...I hit the submit button before pasting the actual error message.
recordcentercrawler/rccrawler.rb:30: undefined method `webServers' for
#<Array:0
x2dbc868> (NoMethodError)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Pugal

Pugal P wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a newbie to Ruby. I am having trouble reading the entries from
> nested yaml configuration file. Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> YAML configuration file:
> ---
> AppName: Record Center
> DEV:
> - user: test
> webServers:
> webserver1: wserver1
> webserver2: wserver2
> appServers:
> appserver1: aserver3
> appserver2: aserver4
> password: blah
> QA:
> - user: test
> webServers:
> webserver1: wserver11
> webserver2: wserver22
> appServers:
> appserver1: aserver33
> appserver2: aserver44
> password: blah
>
> My code uses hash to openstruct code
> (http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2006/11/17/hashes_t...).
> Things work fine when I read the AppName. When I try to read the user /
> password or webServers or appServers entry... I am getting the following
> exception.

Nobuyoshi Nakada

At Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:58:45 +0900,
Pugal Panneerselvam wrote in [ruby-talk:246323]:
> Sorry...I hit the submit button before pasting the actual error message.
> recordcentercrawler/rccrawler.rb:30: undefined method `webServers' for
> #<Array:0 x2dbc868> (NoMethodError)

Your YAML has arrays under DEV and QA.

> > DEV:
> > - user: test