Re: File.exists? broken in svn

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: File.exists? broken in svn"
on Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:10:08 +0900, Ben Crowell <crowell07@lightSPAMandISmatterEVIL.com> writes:

|The following one-liner works with release versions of ruby, but
|fails in the current version from svn:
| ruby -e 'print File.exists?("a.a")'
|This isn't intentional, is it?

trunk does not have obsoleted exists? method, use exist? instead.

matz.

13 Answers

Ben Crowell

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: File.exists? broken in svn"
> on Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:10:08 +0900, Ben Crowell <crowell07@lightSPAMandISmatterEVIL.com> writes:
>
> |The following one-liner works with release versions of ruby, but
> |fails in the current version from svn:
> | ruby -e 'print File.exists?("a.a")'
> |This isn't intentional, is it?
>
> trunk does not have obsoleted exists? method, use exist? instead.
>
> matz.

OK, thanks for the info.

-Ben

Ramon F Herrera

On Mar 24, 4:06 pm, RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net>
wrote:
> Ramon F Herrera <gopos...@jonjay.com> wrote innews:a0cc58d4-3ae8-46af-b71e-48a744556652@gw9g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:
>

> > > Why won't the media show a RECENT picture of trayvon martin?
>
> > For the same reason these heroes of yours are wearing ties:
>
> >http://tinyurl.c...
> >http://americaswire.org/drupal7/?q=content/latinos-praise-fed...
> > e-investigations
>

> Which one(s) don't you like in the second cite, Ramon?
> The woman at the top of the article isn't wearing a tie.

When I wrote "the ones wearing a tie" I was referring to the ones
wearing a tie.

I posted the other URL for context.

-Ramon

RD Sandman

Ramon F Herrera <goposter@jonjay.com> wrote in

> On Mar 24, 4:06?pm, RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>> Ramon F Herrera <gopos...@jonjay.com> wrote
>> innews:a0cc58d4-3ae8-46af-b71
> e-48a744556652@gw9g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

>> > For the same reason these heroes of yours are wearing ties:
>>
>> >http://tinyurl.c...
>> >http://americaswire.org/drupal7/?q=content/latinos-praise-f...
>> > e-investigations
>>

> > Which one(s) don't you like in the second cite, Ramon?
> > The woman at the top of the article isn't wearing a tie.
>
> When I wrote "the ones wearing a tie" I was referring to the ones
> wearing a tie.

And, as I noted, That would leave the Editor, Bill Elsen and the
President Michael K Frisby. Which of those do you think would be other
person's hero?

> I posted the other URL for context.

And just why then did you post the second one? Just wanted to take up
space in usenet? ;)

--

My favorite animal: Steak!

Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman)

Winston Smith, American Patriot

RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar 2012
12:01:53a

> Ramon F Herrera <goposter@jonjay.com> wrote in
>
>> On Mar 24, 4:06?pm, RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Ramon F Herrera <gopos...@jonjay.com> wrote
>>> innews:a0cc58d4-3ae8-46af-b71
>> e-48a744556652@gw9g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

>> > Which one(s) don't you like in the second cite, Ramon?
>> > The woman at the top of the article isn't wearing a tie.
>>
>> When I wrote "the ones wearing a tie" I was referring to the ones
>> wearing a tie.
>
> And, as I noted, That would leave the Editor, Bill Elsen and the
> President Michael K Frisby. Which of those do you think would be other
> person's hero?
>

>> I posted the other URL for context.
>
> And just why then did you post the second one? Just wanted to take up
> space in usenet? ;)

Yes, folks, poster using the nym "R.D. Sandman" is another right-wing idiot
living in t.p.g. land who doesn't understand what "I posted the other URL
for context" means, as if it were even necessary to have posted this is an
follow-up post.

--
America's fascists, who are recognized by the name
"Republican" and "Teabagger," are the evil that festers

JohnJohnsn

On Mar 24, 3:48 pm, Ramon Fernando de la Herrera Gonzalez
<ramon@conexus.net> wrote:

>> Why won't the media show a RECENT picture of trayvon martin?
>
> For the same reason these heroes of yours are wearing ties:

Non sequitur, Ramondo; but, playing your stupid game:

Michael K. Frisby - President
http://americaswire.org/sites/default/files/bio_pics_footer_...
Bill Elsen - Editor
http://americaswire.org/sites/default/files/bio_pics_footer...

They both are "wearing ties."

You _really_ need to me more specific, Ramondo.

>http://tinyurl.c...
>http://americaswire.org/drupal7/?q=content/latinos-praise-f......

Meanwhile:

Trayvon Martin - football photo
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTafNocFfoMY3tAjDhaFlLS21S9oYEf5gsnYcLpU3...

Trayvon Martin - family photo
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1047444....!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

RD Sandman

"Winston Smith, American Patriot"
<FranzKafka@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV.invalid> wrote in

> RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar
> 2012 12:01:53a
>
>> Ramon F Herrera <goposter@jonjay.com> wrote in

>>> e-48a744556652@gw9g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

>>> When I wrote "the ones wearing a tie" I was referring to the ones
>>> wearing a tie.
>>
>> And, as I noted, That would leave the Editor, Bill Elsen and the
>> President Michael K Frisby. Which of those do you think would be
>> other person's hero?
>>

>>> I posted the other URL for context.
>>
>> And just why then did you post the second one? Just wanted to take
>> up space in usenet? ;)
>
> Yes, folks, poster using the nym "R.D. Sandman" is another right-wing
> idiot living in t.p.g. land who doesn't understand what "I posted the
> other URL for context" means, as if it were even necessary to have
> posted this is an follow-up post.

Nice bio. You are just an idiot....nothing special.

--

My favorite animal: Steak!

Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman)

Winston Smith, American Patriot

RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar 2012
06:47:05p

> "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
> <FranzKafka@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV.invalid> wrote in
>
>> RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar
>> 2012 12:01:53a
>>
>>> Ramon F Herrera <goposter@jonjay.com> wrote in

>>> And, as I noted, That would leave the Editor, Bill Elsen and the
>>> President Michael K Frisby. Which of those do you think would be
>>> other person's hero?

>>> And just why then did you post the second one? Just wanted to take
>>> up space in usenet? ;)
>>
>> Yes, folks, poster using the nym "R.D. Sandman" is another right-wing
>> idiot living in t.p.g. land who doesn't understand what "I posted the
>> other URL for context" means, as if it were even necessary to have
>> posted this is an follow-up post.
>
> Nice bio.

I suppose if I made a "Kick Me" sign, I could persuade you to tape it to
your back.

[But then I am not the kind to pull wings off flies.]

--

> RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar 2012
> 06:47:05p
>
>> "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
>> <FranzKafka@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV.invalid> wrote in
>>
>>> RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar
>>> 2012 12:01:53a

12g2000vba.googlegroups.com:

hate-

>>> Yes, folks, poster using the nym "R.D. Sandman" is another right-wing
>>> idiot living in t.p.g. land who doesn't understand what "I posted the
>>> other URL for context" means, as if it were even necessary to have
>>> posted this is an follow-up post.
>>
>> Nice bio.
>
> I suppose if I made a "Kick Me" sign, I could persuade you to tape it
> your back.

Nope, and I wouldn't even take off yours.

> [But then I am not the kind to pull wings off flies.]

Good for you. Do you want a medal or a gold star?

--

My favorite animal: Steak!

Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman)

Winston Smith, American Patriot

RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar 2012
07:47:23p

> "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
> <FranzKafka@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV.invalid> wrote in
>
>> RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar 2012
>> 06:47:05p
>>
>>> "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
>>> <FranzKafka@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV.invalid> wrote in

> 12g2000vba.googlegroups.com:

> hate-

>>> Nice bio.
>>
>> I suppose if I made a "Kick Me" sign, I could persuade you to tape it
>> your back.
>
> Nope, and I wouldn't even take off yours.
>
>> [But then I am not the kind to pull wings off flies.]
>
> Good for you. Do you want a medal or a gold star?

I have to defend myself here, because I get criticized by like-minded
individuals for replying to your posts: they tell me by doing so that I
revel in the torment of helpless animals.

--

> RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar
> 2012 07:47:23p
>
>> "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
>> <FranzKafka@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV.invalid> wrote in
>>
>>> RD Sandman <rdsandman[spamremove]@comcast.net> wrote on Sun 25 Mar
>>> 2012 06:47:05p

>> 12g2000vba.googlegroups.com:

>> hate-

>>> I suppose if I made a "Kick Me" sign, I could persuade you to tape
>>> it
>>> your back.
>>
>> Nope, and I wouldn't even take off yours.
>>
>>> [But then I am not the kind to pull wings off flies.]
>>
>> Good for you. Do you want a medal or a gold star?
>

> I have to defend myself here,

You started this by butting in. I didn't post to you.

because I get criticized by like-minded
> individuals for replying to your posts: they tell me by doing so that
> I revel in the torment of helpless animals.

Perhaps, you should pay more attention to them.

--

My favorite animal: Steak!

Sleep well, tonight.....

RD (The Sandman)