functional testing strangeness with rake

Mark Nyon

I have a Rails 1.2.3 app that's running under cruisecontrol.rb (thanks
Thoughtworks). I recently added a test to a search controller that makes
a fulltext query to a MySQL table. The create_table statement in the
migration clearly indicates that the engine should be MyISAM:

create_table "events", :options => 'TYPE=MyISAM', :force => true do |t|
t.column "url_hash", :string, :limit => 30
t.column "user_id", :integer
t.column "active", :boolean, :default => true, :null => false
t.column "featured", :boolean
t.column "start_time", :datetime
t.column "end_time", :datetime

Whenever I blow the database away and run rake db:migrate in the
development environment, the tables are created with the MyISAM engine.
However, whenever I run rake db:migrate in the test environment, all
tables in that db are InnoDB, except schema_info. Does anyone have any
clues on why this behavior would be different? Thanks.

Barack Hussein Osama Bin Laden

"I am An AIDS Carrier SO WHAT?" <GayBush@CrawfordRanch.net> wrote in message

Murtha nabs $150M pork

EXCERPTS:

Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.), chairman of the House Appropriations defense
panel, has secured the most earmarked dollars in the 2008 military spending
bill, followed closely by the panel's ranking member Rep. Bill Young
(R-Fla.).

Even though Young secured 52 earmarks, worth $117.2 million - and
co-sponsored at least $27 million worth of others - Murtha's 48 earmarks
amount to a total of $150.5 million, according to a database compiled by the
watchdog organization Taxpayers for Common Sense (TCS)...

....Murtha, the defense industry's darling, has been known throughout his
tenure on the defense panel to shell out a large number of earmarks. His
biggest earmark in the bill is $23 million for the National Drug
Intelligence Center (NDIC), a move that sparked a fierce fight with Rep.
Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.), who earlier this year voted in a private meeting to
strip Murtha's earmark.

The Bush administration requested $16 million to shut down the center, which
is in Murtha's district, because it replicated the work of a similar
center...

....Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) got her share of pork projects - 11
projects valued at $37.3 million...