Re: How Routing Rails?

Leonard Chin

3/28/2007 12:34:00 AM

When you just have the lines in route_account.rb, what do you think
that "map" refers to?
1. How Kernel#load, Kernel#require work. They do not simply "insert
text" from the supplied file. Rather, they will execute (effectively,
anyway)
2. What does "map" mean? It needs to be an instance of
Action::Controller::Routes, either though a block or a constructor.

This is really the wrong list, though. You should try
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyon... for questions like
this.

On 3/27/07, Yamal Khaled Soueidan <jkhaledsoueidan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do develop some modules so I can reuse all my codes in
> different projects.
>
> I need to put routing in different files, and in route.rb include the
> files which have my routing code, but I don't know if this would work?
>
> Example, the following lines is inside route_account.rb.
>
> map.login 'login', :controller => 'accounts', :action => 'login'
> map.login 'signup', :controller => 'accounts', :action => 'signup'
> map.logout 'logout', :controller => 'accounts', :action => 'logout'
> map.account 'account' :controller => 'accounts', :action => 'account'
>
> I tried to include the line below in route.rb, but that wouldn't work?
>
> include 'route_account.rb'
> or load 'route_account.rb' or require 'route_account'
>
> Any help would be appropriated :) and thanks
>
> Regards,
> Jamal
>
> Thanks for your help!

2 Answers

rfischer

PaxPerPoten <PPP@USA.com> wrote:
>On 4/1/2011 2:45 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
>> M?ebius Pretzel<Mobius_O_Pretzel@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Climate Advisor (Fascist) Han Schellnhuber Declares Human Society
>>> Needs To Be Managed By Elite Group Of ?Wise Men? ? He Will ?Unveil A
>>> Master Plan For A Transformation Of Society?
>> Sounds like a Republican.
>
>Sounds more like Obama's Czar system.

That's a pathetic lie, rightard. We see all the attempts the
republicans have been making to insert the government into people's
private lives.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
rfischer@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal

big john whine

Sounds more like Obama's Czar system. Maybe we need a good violent
uprising to
bring back American values.
and who's gonna lead the charge?
certain radio personalities bouncing their fat asses on horseback and
waving swords?
george bush?
he's afraid of horses.
american values have never been particularly virtuous--
everything bad hidden away or masked or covered up.
hth