Rubyforge login failure?

Leslie Viljoen

3/26/2007 9:54:00 AM

Hiya people

I can't retrieve the rubyforge login page - is it just me?

Les

--
If you could create a machine that copies hamburgers — you put one
hamburger in and two equally good hamburgers come out the other side —

5 Answers

Farrel Lifson

On 26/03/07, Leslie Viljoen <leslieviljoen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hiya people
>
> I can't retrieve the rubyforge login page - is it just me?
>
> Les

Hi Leslie,

I had issues a month or two ago with Rubyforge due to Telkom's
transparent proxying. Eventually I found a proxy from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piet_Delport/SA... that
seemed to work. Experiment with those and see if you find one that
works.

Cheers
Farrel

Leslie Viljoen

On 3/26/07, Farrel Lifson <farrel.lifson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/03/07, Leslie Viljoen <leslieviljoen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hiya people
> >
> > I can't retrieve the rubyforge login page - is it just me?
> >
> > Les
>
> Hi Leslie,
>
> I had issues a month or two ago with Rubyforge due to Telkom's
> transparent proxying. Eventually I found a proxy from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piet_Delport/SA... that
> seemed to work. Experiment with those and see if you find one that
> works.

I have used one of these and the page loads much faster, but when I
try to log in, I just get sent endlessly back to the login page.

How did you find out about the problem?

Leslie Viljoen

Ah, I see the proxy does not work on the SSL port 443. Could be the problem.

Farrel Lifson

On 26/03/07, Leslie Viljoen <leslieviljoen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/26/07, Farrel Lifson <farrel.lifson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 26/03/07, Leslie Viljoen <leslieviljoen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hiya people
> > >
> > > I can't retrieve the rubyforge login page - is it just me?
> > >
> > > Les
> >
> > Hi Leslie,
> >
> > I had issues a month or two ago with Rubyforge due to Telkom's
> > transparent proxying. Eventually I found a proxy from
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piet_Delport/SA... that
> > seemed to work. Experiment with those and see if you find one that
> > works.
>
> I have used one of these and the page loads much faster, but when I
> try to log in, I just get sent endlessly back to the login page.
>
> How did you find out about the problem?

That's the same problem I had (being sent back to the login page).
Eventually one of those proxies worked for me. I'm not at home at the
moment so I can tell you which one I use at the moment. Will update
the thread when I get home.

Farrel

Leslie Viljoen

On 3/26/07, Farrel Lifson <farrel.lifson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26/03/07, Leslie Viljoen <leslieviljoen@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hi Leslie,
> > >
> > > I had issues a month or two ago with Rubyforge due to Telkom's
> > > transparent proxying. Eventually I found a proxy from
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piet_Delport/SA... that
> > > seemed to work. Experiment with those and see if you find one that
> > > works.
> >
> > I have used one of these and the page loads much faster, but when I
> > try to log in, I just get sent endlessly back to the login page.
> >
> > How did you find out about the problem?
>
> That's the same problem I had (being sent back to the login page).
> Eventually one of those proxies worked for me. I'm not at home at the
> moment so I can tell you which one I use at the moment. Will update
> the thread when I get home.

Thanks, I'll be very grateful. Kinda sad that all of South Africa
can't log in to RubyForge.