Re: SWIG toy example problem

Jano Svitok

3/26/2007 7:46:00 AM

On 3/24/07, Larrytheliquid <larrytheliquid@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a bit of trouble trying to use SWIG to wrap a simple C++ header
> file, as follows:
>
> 'MyTest.h'
> ----------
> #define SUCCESS 1
> ----------
>
> 'myTest.i'
> ----------
> %include MyTest.h
>
> %module myTest
> %{
> #include "MyTest.h"
> %}
> ---------
>
> swig -c++ -ruby myTest.i
>
> g++ -c myTest_wrap.cxx -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-cygwin
>
> g++ -shared myTest_wrap.o -lruby -o myTest.so
>
> $ irb
> irb(main):001:0> require 'myTest'
> => true
> irb(main):002:0> MyTest::SUCCESS
> NameError: uninitialized constant MyTest::SUCCESS
> from (irb):3
> from :0
> irb(main):004:0> MyTest.constants
> => []
> irb(main):005:0>

Hi,

somehow works for me. To check, have a look at the end of the
generated file - there should be a line saying
rb_define_const(mMyTest,"SUCCESS", INT2NUM(1));

SWIG processor by default ignores #include (to enable them use
--includeall) but this is not your case, as you used %include instead.

I'm using SWIG 1.3.27, as the newer ones converted ruby support to
unified templates, and I couldn't get our hacks to work with them yet.

Jano